Good People Doing Good Things :)

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I hear a lot how inherently bad humans are. I don't subscribe to this paradigm. No doubt there are behaviors that are the result of negative conditioning and bad choices, and they contribute to the "inherently bad" perception. But when people have opportunities to do good, many take those opportunities...and can be amazingly self-less. I've been the recipient of such kindness, more times than I can remember. So, I never give up on humanity.

Please post a person or people doing good things that you come across on this thread. :wink:

people helping man in accident.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/whatever/video ... 779318368/

corvidus

Re: Here's to the Human Spirit :)

Post by corvidus »

True! I personally don't put much faith in humanity, but I have absolute faith in the human Spirit!

Why? Because it's that piece we all share ;)
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

Humans can be very good, or we can be very malevolent and violent. For me, it's kind of summed up by two quotes:

"I never use the words 'humanist' or 'humanitarian,' because to me it seems that to be human is to be capable of the most heinous crimes in nature." - Elphaba Thropp, Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire [note: to be capable]

"I don't believe anyone ... is evil. ... We all do the best we can, it's just what we think the best is is different." - [probably paraphrased] Dove Cameron, in an interview (coincidentally about Descendants; I would link the interview but there are a bunch and I don't want to go hunting through them all)

I do not think humanity is evil. I think we are very good at being self-absorbed, destructive, selfish, exceedingly arrogant, and at seeing what we want to see and only what we want to see, but we also have the capability to do very good things. And the majority of us try. And that, to me, is what matters in the end.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I usually like animals better than people. But I admit there is hope for humankind still :)
A friend of mine once found a note on the front door of the apartment complex where he lived: "The old lady from the 4th floor has lost 20 lv (the Bulgarian currency) this morning. Her pension is only 160 lv, so please, whoever finds her money, return them. Thank you!"
So my friend went to her apartment and rang the doorbell. A nice old lady opened up and seeing the 20 in his hand smiled, gave him a hug and refused to take the money. Apparently he was the sixth person to have "found" them.
So yeah, there is still hope.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Becks

Post by Becks »

I love the positive reminders.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

corvidus wrote:I have absolute faith in the human Spirit! Why? Because it's that piece we all share ;)
Indeed.

Doggie rescue op.
people saving dog.jpg
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg1cD1zlLLk

Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Awe. So uplifting! I used to be a human hater. But now I think that the people around me are a reflection of all the parts of me. We all reflect each other. Now I am more positive, and now I see more positive things in others!!! We can fix this world by fixing ourselves and our views. It starts within.

Return to “For Everyone”