Is my familiar trying to tell me something?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
jaybirdblue

Is my familiar trying to tell me something?

Post by jaybirdblue »

I was going through my old lock box and found my old deck of tarot cards that had been gathering dust for a year or two. I had mostly bought them for the artwork on the cards, its a really beautiful set with artwork by Marco Turini. So took them onto my bed to look through some of my favorite illustrations when my dog comes up and starts sniffing them like crazy. I thought maybe that it was the smell of the box itself, so I took out a few other objects that were in there to see if he would have a similar reaction. He had zero interest and gave me a look of “why are you shoving these things in my face?” Inside this box is pretty much just things like passports, jewelry, and some action figures so I don't know what kind of smell it could pick up from in there.

My immediate thought when he started to do this was that he was trying to get me to use them. I don't usually do any kind of divination because I'm skeptical of it and I tend to not be good at interpreting signs until AFTER the event has happened.

My dog is not only a medically prescribed therapy dog, but also my familiar. He helps me with energy work and his more intended job of getting me through panic attacks. He is also really good at reading people. If he doesn't like someone immediately, its probably a sign that they're bad news. He was terrified of my roommate as soon as he met him and sure enough, a few months later, I had to call the cops on him because he was abusing his girlfriend. So I trust his judgement very much.

So, my question is, am I just super overthinking this, or is my dog trying to tell me something? Like that I should be using them more often? I have no idea, I feel kind of stupid for asking to be honest. But im curious to hear what other people think.

I mean…there is nothing inherently weird about a dog sniffing something, its pretty much all they do when they're outside. But for my dog its not typically something he does unless he is REALLY interested. By that I mean he only does it when its his favorite treat. And I dont think he was interested in the artwork or anything.
Becks

Re: Is my familiar trying to tell me something?

Post by Becks »

I say go with it. Trust your best friend. My "brother" is a German shepherd dog who trains in search and rescue for the recovery of human remains. He is smart, and he is sensitive. I listen to him. I think you have probably answered your own question in the telling of your amazing story. Give him a good petting for me. :)
jaybirdblue

Post by jaybirdblue »

The pets have been received!
Becks

Post by Becks »

Excellent news! ;)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I swear I can hear the dog thinking "well, duh!" That's the kind of reaction I would get from my oldest granddaughter.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Hehe. Tarot is therapy for me. I believe your fur BFF is telling you it's more therapy. Embrace those cards. Get to know them. Make note as to which images make you feel secure. .. Which ones make you feel nervous .. Go from there.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”