Portable box Altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
jaybirdblue

Portable box Altar

Post by jaybirdblue »

I live in a pretty cramped apartment with three other people and one common area. So nothing can really stay anywhere for too long. This means I had to make an itty bitty altar out of a box I bought at a local craft shop. It has a really cool top that I can flip over so it turns into a flat working surface (Kind of unstable though because that's not what it's meant to do) and I painted that "table top" with a chalkboard paint so I can write whatever I need to on it and erase it when I'm done. I also made the Goddess statue myself.
Thirteen

Re: Portable box Altar

Post by Thirteen »

So beautiful!

What material is your Athame made from?
jaybirdblue

Post by jaybirdblue »

It's a stainless steel pocket knife with a titanium-oxide coating. It's super pretty, very sharp too.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's very pretty. I like the chalkboard paint idea. I always loved chalkboards and chalk when I was younger. I was especially fond of colored chalk. The one thing I didn't like, was the horrible sound the new piece of chalk always made on the blackboard until the edge wore down.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Becks

Post by Becks »

Beautiful and practical.
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

Awesome! I tried to make a goddess statue, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.
Mine has all my candles and such in a tupperware bin (a large one, because i have upwards of 30 candles) and it's safely tucked away in my closet, I can take the bin out and use it as an altar whenever need be. I should try painting mine with chalkboard paint, or getting a dry erase board to attach to it.
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.

Return to “Altar Pictures”