Is speaking to spirits outloud necessary?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
jaybirdblue

Is speaking to spirits outloud necessary?

Post by jaybirdblue »

The question is pretty straight forward.
Because spirits are energy, does verbal communication really do anything different than stating the same thing in your own head? I ask because I always feel a little odd or embarrassed when I start speaking "to thin air" when I'm communicating with them.
Becks

Re: Is speaking to spirits outloud necessary?

Post by Becks »

Nope, technically you can use the "great voice". I think it was maybe Donald Michael Craig's book "Modern Magic" which is about ceremonial magic, and I believe it actually mentions this. It's not always convenient to speak out loud. You can use your voice inside of yourself. I find it a bit had to explain because the voice I use is imbued with more...it sounds/feels different then when I simply talk to myself inside my head. It projects, or that is to say I visualize that voice projecting. It is strong and loud, and it vibrates differently.

Voices that are not spoken can have great power. I recall a vision dream I had in which an ancient spirit came to speak to me. He is from where I was raised and swam out of the ocean. The half man half shark ancient being spoke to me inside my head and his voice was like nothing I have felt or heard. It was a whisper, and powerful, and it was like water and gravel...like a wave sucking back the gravel as it recedes. It was ancient and so powerful.

So I think you can use the 'great voice' which resides inside yourself. I don't know what yours sounds like because it is yours.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

It's not necessary at all. I always use my inner voice. I find it keeps a calm environment. You should do what makes you feel the most comfortable.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Yes inner voice is enough to convey message & sometimes has more elegance

still, some may find your voice pleasant, for instance when walking in nature and you aren't bringing any offerings with you, you can offer a gift of singing and such.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”