How do I continue?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
BalticWic

How do I continue?

Post by BalticWic »

Hello all!

A few days ago I bought myself again moonstone (I had lost the previous one, I even don't know where).
I am a cancerian, my emotions had been running around like a turbulence and then some relationship problems and I felt so vulnerable.

I went to "wiccan" store and I chose a stone that called me and put it on my neck and I've been feeling better ever since. The crystal really does have an energy and it helps me.

How can I work with it? How can I meditate with it? What would you people do?
evil ed

Re: How do I continue?

Post by evil ed »

Greetings BalticWic!
Let's start with the very basics.

First, purchase some incence, something basic- sandalwood is a good scent. Also purchase a holder for the incence.

Second, purchase a few small candles. Choose about 5 or 6 different colors that call out to you (keep in mind that black is not always negative). Here again, purchase a holder for them.

Now, find a quiet place, and a quiet time. No television, radio, or smartphones. Choose one candle, place it in the holder and light it. Do the same with the incence. Next, sit comfortably, holding the stone in your hands. Let your mind wander. Do not allow any negative thoughts to enter your mind. Just relax and let the environment lead your thoughts.

Do not worry if you feel you did not do well the first time. As with all things, it takes practice.

"First, we begin with level flight"
-Richard Bach-
"Jonathan Livingston Seagull"
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I was thinking about Jonathan Livingston Seagull on Sunday. My nine year old granddaughter was observing that gulls aren't able to glide. She has a rather esoteric world view. I'm going to get her the book for Christmas. I think she'll enjoy it.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

BalticWic wrote:Hello all!

A few days ago I bought myself again moonstone (I had lost the previous one, I even don't know where).
I am a cancerian, my emotions had been running around like a turbulence and then some relationship problems and I felt so vulnerable.

I went to "wiccan" store and I chose a stone that called me and put it on my neck and I've been feeling better ever since. The crystal really does have an energy and it helps me.

How can I work with it? How can I meditate with it? What would you people do?
When I sync up to my stones, I just sit quietly with them, settle into a meditative state (which frequently takes me several minutes in and of itself... I'm a bit of a scatterbrain x3), and just look at them for a while. I examine their color, shape, weight, the little chips and scratches and occlusions that make up its personality. Eventually, my eyes always unfocus and become heavy, closing on their own. Once my eyes are closed,* I can really pay attention to the feel of it - the energy tingling, pulsing, throbbing, burning, or whatever it does feel like for that particular crystal. After a few seconds, when I have the feel of its energy, I send my own running down my arms, pooling in my fingertips, inviting the crystal to match with me until I feel our energies fall into sync. Sometimes it takes a few seconds, sometimes it's instant. With my snowflake obsidian, the arguably most powerful and definitely most dramatic (and loyal) of my stones currently, I physically felt our vibrations pop as they fell into place.

(*There's been one exception to that part: my green crystal dragon, Aziren, AKA Ozzie. When my eyes drifted shut, he refused to accept me. All I could hear in my head was his gentle voice, repeating, "Open your eyes and see." He was adamant that I should open my eyes and see the truth, and he would not allow us to fall into sync until I did so. That made it a little harder for me to sense the vibrations, since, as I noted, I'm a bit of a scatterbrain, but I managed, and I'm grateful to him for it.)

I find that the incense, candles, and other bells and whistles aren't really necessary, though they doubtlessly help a lot of people get into the mindset. As long as I'm not interrupted, I can sync with my crystals just about anywhere, especially after the first time.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Hey Baltic witch

I'm a moonstone lover as well - I feel so drawn to this blue energy in the moon white stone (thats where my nick comes from not the blue moon in the sky but the moonstone with it's blue).

I got my first moonstone from my mother. It's a round stone in a silver ring. It was on a moonstone beaded necklace (sadly it broke one day on our way to visit some people) ---
I usually take it of before the full moon. It will feel kinda heavy around my neck - like its to tight (but its not at all tight and I don't feel the stone but the really thin and fine silver necklace as if it went right aroundy trout.

Yesturday I went into my bathroom to wash my hands.

I picked up my stone connected and put it on.

With stones I don't need much of meditation or ritual surrounding. I look at it, touch it's surface. Hold it in my hand (usually the left. Stones I pick up outside sometimes go from my left hand holding it into my left pocket taking it home). Then I wear it.
BM
BB

Blue Moon
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey Silversong, I really like your narrative on connecting with the stones...
Perhaps I could use it here?
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p239710
I think we all get a little scatterbrained at times...your exercise looks very effective, as you incorporated mindfulness in the examination of the stones...excellent!
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

Absolutely, Firebird! I'd be honored. Thank you for your kind words.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”