Cleansings

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Mythasaurus_Rex

Cleansings

Post by Mythasaurus_Rex »

Hi everyone! I have a new neighbor who just moved in within the last 2-4 months and she's on her own spiritual path of discovery. She's interested in learning about my paganism and is open to a house cleansing and energy healing. I recently took her to a local shop that offers energy healings and from what I was able to pick up from her energy it felt more positive and light. Long story short however is she's bought sage and has been wanting to bless and cleanse her home of negativity. I've offered to do the blessing and cleansing myself and was wondering if anyone had any tips for performing the blessing.

Love and Light and thank you in advance.
I am one within myself but also one within the goddess.
I open myself up to new learnings and new adventures by being modest.
Vesca

Re: Cleansings

Post by Vesca »

If it's her home, it may be worthwhile to do the cleansing and blessing together. Maybe ask/help her to think of some positive aspects she would like to bless her home with and what props she would be interested in incorporating into the blessing (candles, incense, oils, bells, etc...).
Becks

Post by Becks »

Again, Vesca and I are on the same page. Because it is her home she should at the very least be participating. There is an energetic power in ownership and command of a space.

I personally do two rounds one widdershins (counter clockwise) and one deosil (clockwise). The first is to banish any negative energy and the second is to bring in the good vibes. Never leave a vacuum. Filling it with what you want is better than allowing it to be filled for you.

Not everybody does it this way, and that's just fine.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Becks wrote:Again, Vesca and I are on the same page. ..
Because great minds. ((sagenod)) =P
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hahaha are we from the same school?
Mythasaurus_Rex

Post by Mythasaurus_Rex »

I was planning on having her help in some way just because I know she wants the blessing. I'll definitely bring this up to her some more. Any suggestions for incenses or candles that would be helpful?
I am one within myself but also one within the goddess.
I open myself up to new learnings and new adventures by being modest.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Somewhere around here we have written a boat load on this topic....

*Becks fumbles around for her flashlight*

In the past we have talked about how you can cleanse with water, sound, light....there's a million ways to do it.

I would get your friend to pick what appeals to her. I have cleansed on different occasions with with sage, cedar, rosemary, and rose. All are good, frankensense is also a powerful purifier. You might want to look at the season and correspondences or shoot from the hip. It depends on the vibe of the place and what you need to bring to the table.

Today I just did my typical house cleaning which consists of actually cleaning the space...dust, vaccum, and scrub the bathroom/kitchen and then I sage smudge myself and the space. Then I bring in the sweet grass to bring in blessings. Because I have a lot on my plate in terms of what I'm dealing with I the did some candle magic. I lit my big pillar carrier candle...then anointed a small black candle with banishing oil (especially made) burned that and then lit a special candle for me and what's going on specifically....I anointed that pink candle with essential rose oil. For each burning I annont and bring out certain stones that correspond. I charge prices in will carry with me this week.

I don't usually go into this detail beyond the cleaning and then the "cleaning", but I'm dealing with some anxiety (end of term for 6 courses) and my broken heart (end of a 3 year live in relationship). It's a part of self care, and I think it's important.

My point is use correspondences that work to what it is your friend needs to achieve in her space. What's going on? What does she need? That kind of thing....
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Becks wrote:Hahaha are we from the same school?
Hufflepuff? ;)
Becks

Post by Becks »

Oh it's all about the kitchen! Well, that is to say that we were located near the kitchens. Yes, that would be my house. Inclusive, non competitive, into botany, and not requiring an audience.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”