Christians Who Have Helped/Are Helping You

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Christians Who Have Helped/Are Helping You

Post by Silversong »

We all hear about the closed-minded Christians, the Christians who persecute and shun us Witches, who refuse to learn the truth about us, who call us devil worshippers, etc., etc. But there are two sides to every coin. We sometimes forget that there are now many Christians out there that are perfectly willing to accept and love us, that are happy and eager to talk religion with us without conflict, that are even sometimes needed to help us along our spiritual path.

The most obvious answer in my life, especially as far as spirituality goes, is my Yonah. She is one of my closest-circle of friends, my sister-in-all-but-blood, and I love her to pieces. Yonah is quite Christian, but she is also extremely open-minded - she has said to me more than once, and I quote, "It's not fair for me to say your beliefs aren't right and mine are." She was the one who found me crying in the bathroom, scared - and scared that I was so scared - over a snapfest that had turned to magick and the Craft at some point. She was the one that made me realize just how deep my fear of being rejected for my Craft goes, and she was the one who first helped me start to heal it. She is still helping me heal it, by discussing religion and spirituality and the differences and similarities of our beliefs.

Another quick answer is Flame. Despite being the local PK (Pastor's Kid), she's been, well, a godsend. Even though our interests are starting to change and we are beginning to talk less and less as we're drawn to different friend groups, she's still my sister-in-all-but-blood, I still love her, and I would still take a bullet for her in a heartbeat. She's been there for me for as long as I've known her, and vice versa - and I don't intend for that to change.

What about you guys? Has there been a Christian in your life who's helped you, who's been open-minded and interested in your path? Is there one such Christian in your life now? Share your stories; I'd love to hear them.

Sometimes we all need a reminder that nothing is ever all bad.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Re: Christians Who Have Helped/Are Helping You

Post by Naudia Threng »

I don't know if this counts, but I used to be a "helping" christian. Which is how I was introduced to the path. The funny thing is, the person who got me interested in Wicca is now christian. Sadly though, they became the close minded kind.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Until my 11th grade year, I was in Christian schools and I met a lot of good people while attending them. While not all of them were immediately accepting of the foreign and strange concept of witchcraft, most of them eventually came to terms with it. But none of them were particularly helpful.

There's also my girlfriend who approved of my paganism without batting an eye, showed genuine interest, encouraged me and sympathized with my inability to openly practice, and is herself a Christian.

I've also met my share of people that would probably try to burn me to the stake if they knew, but that's a story for another day....
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think the Craft is very much an unknown for a lot of people, and that makes it a threat. Some people will ask questions and do research, and find out that it's fairly benign, but they seem to be the minority.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have to include the priest who aided me with the ET experiences. Well, we helped each other but he was open to it even though it was painful. That is a gift of the spirit.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”