Meditation Question

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
MysticDreamFaerie

Meditation Question

Post by MysticDreamFaerie »

I've been meditating a lot lately cause I've been really stressed out in my life and I just want to open myself. All my life I can feel people's emotions and they're pretty strong. I can feel energies in a room. If someone is sad or angry, I can feel it. One day when I was at my ex boyfriend's house and went into his room, I felt this powerful energy in his room but I had no idea where it was coming from. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this black shadow. At the time, I think it's me just being paranoid and I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Let me remind you I don't do drugs or anything. I've never seen this before in my life ever. And I've never had any delusions either.

When I mentioned it to him, he told me he did satanic rituals on his mirror when he was younger. When he told me this I kinda freaked out and started trying to relax myself. I didn't end up seeing the black shadow again and I ignored the vibe that I feeling in the room and started thinking about more positive things. At the time I thought it was just my anxiety working up or something but when I was inside his room I felt it all around me. It was so powerful, I thought it was going to knock me to the ground.

Now I'm kinda worried about meditating cause I'm afraid that it's going to open me up or something. Does meditating open you up spiritually, like to the other side or anything? Or is this all false?

I want to meditate cause it relaxes me but if I do end up becoming more open. What should I do? How can I protect myself? I feel like I'm crazy posting this up and I hope others don't judge me as people crazy.

He told me he saw the black shadow too and I believe he's affected by this mirror too. He didn't want to get rid of it, he wanted to keep it. His personality even changed and he became very angry anytime I mentioned what I felt in his room... So I ended up dropping the subject all together. However in the end we both broke up cause he wasn't the person who I thought he was. And I know that's off topic, but I'm just happy that I don't feel what I felt any longer cause it put a lot of fear in me. And when I left his room I felt sad for a little bit, but than slowly it faded. Before I went into his room however I was very happy and laughing. I hope nobody thinks I'm crazy... :anxious:

Has anyone else had any other experiences?
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
smogie_michele

Re: Meditation Question

Post by smogie_michele »

No one thinks you are crazy!

I do believe that meditation can leave you somewhat open to other spirits and forces... Just not that often. I normally meditate either in my bedroom or outside, places I feel comfortable in.

However, if you are feeling anxious about meditation in fear of other forces weighing down on you, I would suggest one of two thing (or maybe even both): First, you can light a white and a black candle before you meditate and pray over them- the white to promote protection and the black to absorb negative energy. Another thing you can do is to go ahead and cast a circle.

To me, it sounds like your ex had a negative vibe about him and that was poisoning his room... if he is out of your life and you feel happier, I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about.

Blessings
Smogie Michele
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
MysticDreamFaerie

Post by MysticDreamFaerie »

smogie_michele wrote:No one thinks you are crazy!

I do believe that meditation can leave you somewhat open to other spirits and forces... Just not that often. I normally meditate either in my bedroom or outside, places I feel comfortable in.

However, if you are feeling anxious about meditation in fear of other forces weighing down on you, I would suggest one of two thing (or maybe even both): First, you can light a white and a black candle before you meditate and pray over them- the white to promote protection and the black to absorb negative energy. Another thing you can do is to go ahead and cast a circle.

To me, it sounds like your ex had a negative vibe about him and that was poisoning his room... if he is out of your life and you feel happier, I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about.

Blessings
Smogie Michele
Okay I'll buy the candles, thank you for your information! :) However I'm not sure how to cast a circle yet. I'm kinda new to all of this. I'm going to start to read a Paganism book and follow my path. I hope they teach you how to do cast circles in there.

For now I'll purchase the candles online. Guess I'll try looking for some internet sites where you can purchase this type of stuff. Sorry, lol! I'm just new to all of this. If you know a good web site, Pm me. If your not allowed to do so than I'll find one on my own. :flyingwitch:
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Meditation Question

Post by RosieMoonflower »

There are some good threads on the site about grounding and shielding to protect yourself. I can't look them up for you right now because I'm driving somewhere but if you search grounding and shielding you will probably find some of the useful information I have found here.

Rosie
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Hit up a craft store like michael's for some candles. They always have a ton of them, it is where I buy most of my ritual candles. I would never worry about spending too much money on any supplies- your will is more powerful than any other tool ever will be.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Hi there :)

Does meditating 'open' you up to other dimensions? Depends on what type of meditations you're doing.

The most typical type for a beginner is essentially stillness meditations. Trying to achieve an internal state of calm and mental silence. If we think of the mind like a light, the light is pointed inwards and attracts very little attention. If anything, you'll receive messages from your "holy guardian angel" or higher self, or start to open up your conscious awareness to your subconscious mind.

However, for advanced practitioners involved in rituals or more 'active' meditations (mantras, for example), it's like the mind's light is directed out into the universe. This can defiantly draw attention.

So for basic beginner meditations, not much protection is needed. For advanced work, definitely!
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

This comment is coming a little late, but I have been distracted lately...
I feel like I should also point out (in regards to my candle suggestion) that the candles only hold as much power as you give them. I like having a bunch on hand because I can charge them with whatever energies I need and and I feel like it serves as a tool for me to focus on.

Hope all is well :)

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”