Lingering presence of others making it hard to recharge

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
corvidus

Re: Lingering presence of others making it hard to recharge

Post by corvidus »

Hi there skiessinging!

I'm very familiar with what you're talking about. I practice a lot of internal energy work, and over the years I've experienced the same things, especially in regards to other people's energies clinging to my own.

First I'll offer up my explanation of what's going on. I liken it to the laws of thermodynamics. You can find these quotes on wikipedia:

The 0th Law:
If two systems are in thermal equilibrium respectively with a third system, they must be in thermal equilibrium with each other
Basically, if your energy body and another's are in the same environment, you'll be 'in tune' with not only the environment's ambient energy but also in tune with anyone in that system. Why? Because that's where your mind's at.

The 1st Law:
When energy passes, as work, as heat, or with matter, into or out from a system, its internal energy changes in accord with the law of conservation of energy.
Analogous to this law, when you're trying to conserve your energy, any interaction with another person will change the frequency of your energy. This happens because you're subconsciously tuned into your energy body.

The 2nd Law:
In a natural thermodynamic process, the sum of the entropies of the interacting thermodynamic systems increases.
This one is difficult to grasp. A natural thermodynamic process can be seen as your interaction with another person. You're both producing and sharing energy towards an end result (whether it be for the sake of company, or a business interaction). Basically what this means for you is, you're creating more energy which is determined by your mental and emotional activity.

The 3rd Law:
The entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches absolute zero.
As you end your interaction and 'disconnect' (which usually isn't a complete disconnection) with the other person, your energy evens out with the surrounding environment. But where's. It does this, the overall quality has been slightly changed.

hopefully, it should be a bit clearer that it's not always that other people's energies are clinging to you, but the people we interact with actually change our own energy. This is why it's important to practice love and compassion, as well as be careful who you choose to hang around.

Now, how to clean and disconnect? I know of two ways. The first is to center yourself and imagine all the energy connections you think are hanging around. Next, imagine a white sphere surrounding you and all these people. Also imagine a string of energy connecting you and them. Now, dissolve these strings until you're no longer connected to anyone!

If that doesn't work, then you may have to purify your own energy. You can do this with sage or other purifying incense.

Let me know if you have any questions ;)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Corvidus, thank you for stepping up with an answer.
Skiessinging, when you have a moment, please pop over to our intro section. We like getting to know our new members.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Skiessinging, this thread might present you some helpful tips: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 12577.html. I find meditation an imperative to keeping my energy separated from others' (even from people of whom I'm quite fond). I have not found a more effective method.

skiessinging wrote:Working on my self love, self compassion and even doing some energy work with a professional, I felt my energy returning and once it filled my entire body I cried with relief.
If this has worked so successfully for you in the past, by all means keep doing it; nothing wrong with having a coach. And self-love/compassion is so important, as well. With a good amount of self-love, it's much easier to feel our own energy, hear our own thoughts/hearts rather than others,' etc.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”