I have IT experience...

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Mystic Phoenix

I have IT experience...

Post by Mystic Phoenix »

I was going to build a website for everyone, but then I found your site.

I just wanted to say thank you for creating these boards and if you need some website or forum help, let me know!

I started making websites from scratch (in Notepad) in 1998. I've created hundreds of sites since then using various content management systems (CMS) like phpnuke, Joomla, Wordpress, and various boards such as phpBB, invision board, vBulletin, and XenForo.

I am not a graphic designer nor developer, but a Systems Analyst with years of experience working with websites. I can also provide technical support/assistance (20 years experience).

Let me know if you need help with updating the website or the boards!
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: I have IT experience...

Post by Starwitch »

Hi and thanks for the offer! What kind of experience do you have working with phpBB forum software? I've found that even when I hire so-called "experts" (or at least they claim to be), they always run into problems. It seems my forum is particularly tricky, probably because of the customizations (Shoutbox, Tapatalk, SEO mod, & custom theme). The latest guy I hired, who moved the forum from one server to another for me, said he couldn't upgrade the board to the latest phpBB release without potentially losing all of our private messages and that the custom skin/theme also wouldn't work. The forum is a pain to update. If you know something they don't know, I'd love to hear about it.
Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz »

Starwitch wrote:Hi and thanks for the offer! What kind of experience do you have working with phpBB forum software? I've found that even when I hire so-called "experts" (or at least they claim to be), they always run into problems. It seems my forum is particularly tricky, probably because of the customizations (Shoutbox, Tapatalk, SEO mod, & custom theme). The latest guy I hired, who moved the forum from one server to another for me, said he couldn't upgrade the board to the latest phpBB release without potentially losing all of our private messages and that the custom skin/theme also wouldn't work. The forum is a pain to update. If you know something they don't know, I'd love to hear about it.
Well, for someone with experience in IT, losing the theme is a risk worth taking if you want to fix certain problems with navigation or bugs. Yeah I know I might be 15 but it doesn't change the fact that I live with a middle aged technophile man child hybrid.

With love,
Gubbinz
I'm just a nerd that plays tabletop games, plays the electric bass, and wishes that he wasn't as much of a nerd!
Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz »

Unfortunately you will have to make a new theme, think of it as a program that only works on windows 8.1 but not on windows 10 :-D
I'm just a nerd that plays tabletop games, plays the electric bass, and wishes that he wasn't as much of a nerd!

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”