My Altars

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
citrine

My Altars

Post by citrine »

So far it looks like this. Magick starts from the very place where one spends quite a lot of time during the day (nowadays)... so, taking into account that I can't have a big permanent altar around so far here - for many reasons - and I need to be quite discreet with the craft, taking into account also that I bring and integrate magick in everyday life trying to appear as "normal" as possible to the outside world... decided to start from the permanent elemental altars. Establishing healthy relationship with the elements is one of the first thing to do. So - here we go... earth altar and air altar, charged, consecrated and ready to go. Fire altar and water altar are in the process...
Earth altar is located near my bed and air altar resides on my desk.
I also adhere big time to feng shui tradition, at least in the part of bagua map...
Air altar is located in my "helpful people" zone, that's why there's b&w pic of a girl offering a hand of help.
to boost luck in that department I got citrine cluster here as well... and aroma lamp with feng shui coin.
The pic is airy. And in order to pay respect to the element i lighten up aroma lamp and breathe with gratitude.
amazing effect so far :)
Earth altar is located under my unfinished "unconditional love" altar actually, in the relationship zone.
In order to pay respect to the element I bring something from the forest, play this little wooden flute and put it into the wooden sort-of cauldron. The altar includes black obsidian for protection, green calcite for balance, clear quartz for boosting energy, two seashells for adding a bit of water energy for balance, and a huge stone i found in 2011 somewhere in the area and consecrated for the purpose of amplifying earth energy as well 4 years later...
Hoping to finish water & fire altars soon :) water altar will be located in career zone, will consist of a photo frame with a dark blue photo depicting the brainstorming process, 6 tiny round aqua aura crystals and a no-worry fluorite stone. Will anoint the no-worry stone with a drop of water in order to pay homage to the element... and do some brainstorming. going deep with the quest for solutions.
Fire altar is basically my salt candle holder located in my personal power zone, will add few fire crystals & it'll be ready to go :)
Other altars in progress... "unconditional love" altar, an altar dedicated to dreams & goals and an altar centered around my crystal water carafe.
:flyingwitch:
So far so good :) is there anything i didn't take into consideration? Will be grateful for feedback.
earthaltar.jpg
airaltar.jpg
Saol na saol, tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo go deo.
Becks

Re: My Altars

Post by Becks »

Lovely. I like your aesthetic.
citrine

Post by citrine »

Thanks :) Just wondering, is there anything else to take into consideration? Grounding is the biggest thing so far to consider (taking into account, for instance, adhd...) and this subsequently raises so many thoughts... A relationship between the body & the energy around. Wondering if more grounding could be needed especially if taking into consideration that I feel quite spacey sometimes from the essential oils I use (now mostly orchid & lavender) - maybe I need to try different oil? Also, I'm planning to set up a protection grid in my room again consisting of hematites & selenites (utilizing those from my former "permanent" altar) - will program them to keep away any negativity... wondering if this energy could influence the altar energies?
citrine

Post by citrine »

Right, finally done it!

Earth altar: sort-of cauldron with gifts from the forest, wooden flute, clear quartz, black obsidian, green calcite, some stone I found in 2011 and two seashells for a bit of water energy.
Bringing cones from the forest in order to pay homage.
earth.jpg
Updated Air altar: aromalamp, tiny peace sign, clear quartz, another piece of clear quartz behind the frame... and the frame. Goal as well is attracting helpful people, located in the feng shui area of "helpful people".
Lighting aromalamp and breathing with gratitude in order to pay homage.
air.jpg
Fire altar: candle holder, lepidolite, goldstone, tiger eye and aragonite. Located in the personal power area.
Lighting a candle in order to pay homage.
fire.jpg
citrine

Post by citrine »

Water altar: six pieces of aqua aura, sodalite no-worry stone and a frame... Located in the career area and dedicated to brainstorming as well. My Radiant Rider-Waite deck with lemurian on top of it, a piece of amethyst and another sodalite along with peace sign are located nearby.
Anointing the no-worry stone with a drop of water in order to pay homage.
water.jpg
Altars for unconditional love, dreams and goals and family / health are on the way :)
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Very nice ;)ì
I remember posting in this thread... weird it's gone.

I love the way your altars are so full of clear symbolism.
BB

Blue Moon
citrine

Post by citrine »

Thanks blue_moon ! :) Yeah, everything shall be as functional and as symbolic (and as adhering to several traditions) as possible.
citrine

Post by citrine »

A sacred space paying homage to unconditional love: a pic of a girl couple holding hands, two carnelian spheres, rose quartz heart, few crystals on the left (carnelian, rose quartz, clear quartz points), Flower Oracle deck, a rose lemurian and a tiny piece of moldavite. All located in a relationship area of the room according to feng shui. Starting a day from oracle card reading.
20160215_231714.jpg
Dreams and goals space: a frame, a citrine cluster, selenites... amethyst in the background, amethyst pendant in the front on my Ancestral Tarot deck, some celestite, a channeled symbol of abundance, and there's also INFJ pin not far away. I'll also place a crystal grid nearby once I charge & activate it...
20160215_231744.jpg
Harmony corner: a frame, fluorite, green kyanite, smoky quartz, turquoise. Crystal water carafe with citrine and clear quartz in it on a wooden mandala plate is nearby.
20160215_231756.jpg
Whew, I almost decluttered & re-decorated my room... getting used to the new energies around and decluttering / organizing continues.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Nice addition to your elementals ;)

Decluttering is great! Good job
BB

Blue Moon
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

Your altars are absolutely stunning! Very creative.
citrine

Post by citrine »

Thanks a lot :) it all keeps improving!

Return to “Altar Pictures”