First time wire wrapping

Share photos or links to your arts and crafts here. Jewelry, paintings, crafts, graphic art.
blue_moon

Re: First time wire wrapping

Post by blue_moon »

Rosie this is gorgeous! !
BB

Blue Moon
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

blue_moon wrote:Rosie this is gorgeous! !
Thank you!
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

First time wire wrapping

evil ed wrote:Rosie,
If interested, I can send you some Kevlar thread (black). I haven't used it myself, but a lot of bead folks I know really liked it when I gave them some. Just shoot me a PM with where to send it! :)!
E.E.
Thanks for the offer, no need now though! My W2 came in so I can my do taxes and pay of my credit card and even have some left over to buy some on my own. Thanks anyways!

Rosie
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

I made these two tonight. Not that pretty, lol. The first one is a similar piece of coral to one of the originals, but I didn't use the big brown beachy bead this time, and I regret it. Then, this green one looks better in real life than in this picture. I need to re-watch the video about how to make the loop at the top. I totally forgot. I actually broke the first loop off of the coral one and remade it. And, I had no more luck with the green one really. Besides that, I would say my main thing that throws me off is when I have too little wire or too much. I'm sure it takes practice to know just exactly how much you're going to need.

If anyone has tips for the loop, I'm all ears! Thanks!

Rosie
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

If in doubt, err on the side of extra wire. You can always just trim the wire at the end and reuse the excess for something else, like making jump rings!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

You keep saying "not that pretty," but everything I have seen is something I would totally wear. I have been thinking about making jewelry... I'm the type of person who has a million hobbies...
knitting, baking, candle and soap making...
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

smogie_michele wrote:You keep saying "not that pretty," but everything I have seen is something I would totally wear. I have been thinking about making jewelry... I'm the type of person who has a million hobbies...
knitting, baking, candle and soap making...
I know, I'm my worst critic. I'm also a hobbiest! Guitar, piano, sewing, cooking/baking, hula hooping and now jewelry/pendant making! If I didn't have that pesky job I would have a whole lot more too!

Thanks for the compliment and checking them out!

Rosie
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

RosieMoonflower wrote: If I didn't have that pesky job I would have a whole lot more too!

Rosie
I hear you!

Artist are always their worst critics, I know that I am mine. But really, they are stunning! Please keep posting your projects :)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think you are doing great work! Keep practice up :fairy:
Though it is hard on the fingernails, eh? When it was prom season in the flower shop, I would get a groove in my nail where I held the wire and twisted in whipping out bookoo corsages...fun times. :evil:
I feel like my first few of a new craft are like the prototypes, working out the kinks and whatnot, see what you like.
The green stone is lovely, is it green adventurine? Such a great jade like color.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

First time wire wrapping

smogie_michele wrote:
RosieMoonflower wrote: If I didn't have that pesky job I would have a whole lot more too!

Rosie
I hear you!

Artist are always their worst critics, I know that I am mine. But really, they are stunning! Please keep posting your projects :)
Okay, Smogie, you asked for it! Lol! I'm finding this is my new way of unwinding after work. I made 3 tonight. The first is the small golden conch. I took it to work with me on my first day since it was so traumatic being transferred. I still like my old school better and the red and gold wire happen to be the schools colors (that may have been why I bought it at the time) so it has both red and gold wire, to remind me of my old school.

Then something awesome happened.. I was looking for nail polish remover under my bathroom sink and I found my teal wire!! Don't ask me why it was there, because I have no idea, lol. So I used it to make this piece. I love this shell, it's just so interesting! I learned that the teal wire chips easily, so I couldn't use the pliers on it, I had to do all by hand. And, yes, my fingers hurt now..

Lastly, I made this because my fiancé asked me to make something for him. I managed to make this, but he can't wear it permanently and I didn't make it big enough for him to slip on and off, so I have claimed it for myself. [WINKING FACE]

ImageImage

I tried to make one other with a rose Quartz but I broke it twisting the wire too much. Lesson learned. I'll have to do it again tomorrow. Thanks again for letting me share these with you all!

Rosie
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

firebirdflys wrote:I think you are doing great work! Keep practice up :fairy:
Though it is hard on the fingernails, eh? When it was prom season in the flower shop, I would get a groove in my nail whereI held the wire and twisted in whipping out bookoo corsages...fun times. :evil:
I feel like my first few of a new craft are like the prototypes, working out the kinks and whatnot, see what you like.
The green stone is lovely, is it green adventurine? Such a great jade like color.
Bb, Firebird
Yes!! So you noticed I cut my long witch nails off? lol I am use to keeping my nails long and painted but after the first night of wrapping I cup them off. They just get in the way, and yes, they chip to make grooves as I try to use them as tools.

I'm not positive but I think the green stone might be fluorite. I got it from a tourist shop in Denver among other rough stones. I got it and the green one from the beginning of this thread, that looks like Arkansas, at the same place and figured they were the same. How might I be able to tell the difference?

Thanks again!

Rosie

Return to “Artwork”