Jaera's Tools & Work-space!

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
jaerajaws

Jaera's Tools & Work-space!

Post by jaerajaws »

Hello! These pictures here are the first attempts at creating an altar for myself. The structure is located in my walk-in closet because of lack of space anywhere else; and I fear that people other than myself would touch the items on it. I read in one of my books that it's a good idea to be the only person to touch your tools. On another note, some family members do not agree with my new found interest and practice so I felt it's best to avoid stress and confrontation on both sides. I love my family, and they love me; we just have different beliefs and that's fine.

It might seem strange but when I delve into something that interests me I go a little "overboard." On top of that, I keep track of how much money I spend on just about anything. Not because I need to pinch pennies, but simply to have the knowledge of what I'm buying, and how I'm spending my earnings. I will always have bills that need to be paid, and that is one of the priorities of life in my opinion. With that said, I will be keeping record of how much I spent on my items, and tools.

Below is a picture of the altar as a whole. Mind you, pieces are missing and it's very much an ever changing work in progress. I have plans to change my work-space around with the Sabbats and Esbats once I acquire more knowledge of them.

My first altar was pieced together on January 20th, 2015.

The work-space sits on top of two stacked white shoe shelves. The items it harbors are: a purple scarf (acting like a tablecloth), two plates, a bowl, one cup (for salt water), a chalice (currently holding the bits of stripped bark and wood from my wand), three candle holders, a bell, my wand, and my actual cutting knife. I have two containers on the middle shelf of the stand which will hold my crystals, feathers, and other various items once they arrive, or are brought home from being purchased.

The two candle holders represent the God, and the Goddess; I view the male and female as Mother Earth, and Father Sky. The third candle holder is for tealights.
jaerajaws

Re: Jaera's Tools & Work-space!

Post by jaerajaws »

My book of shadows is currently empty, as I want my things organized so I am writing everything down on loose-leaf before I document anything into it. It's caramel brown felt book with a hardened paper lining the middle of the front and back cover.

I have no athame yet, but my supply knife for cutting ingredients is a stainless steal pocket knife with a spider theme to it.

My favorite piece is really my glass bell. All negative energy seems to be knocked away when it chimes!
jaerajaws

Post by jaerajaws »

I was going to use this post for pictures of my items but I don't want to have an excessive amount of spam for you all to scroll through >< Anddd this bbcode doesn't allow using the spoiler mechanism so I cannot do that either.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Very nice jaera! I love the colour combination. It looks so warm and fitting. Beautiful.
BB

Blue Moon
creativemind243

Post by creativemind243 »

Really nice altar! Thank you for sharing ^_^
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.

Return to “Altar Pictures”