Fairly New- Standard Questions

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
YanaKhan

Re: Fairly New- Standard Questions

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, CrystalStar.
Please go to the top section and introduce yourself. Thank you.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hoping comments are never too late...since you live in an ocean town & feel charged by water & moonlite, you could consider sea witch craft. For BOS planning use a cheap spiral notebook for outline notes. No need to worry about messing up or blots. Then transfer info to your actual BOS. Or use a ring binder & buy printed pages on line & blank pages with printed borders from InkWitch. Study groups at bookstores are a good way to start with like minded others. There is no overseeing authority to say yay or nay so nobody to offend.

To start - build a personalized starter kit
1. Use sea kelp and sea shells, sand, sea water
2. Collect natural stones from different locations. Look for markings & that they’re easy to hold. Water smooth stones aid healing, banded stones aid wishes and stones criss-crossed with map-like lines assist path finding. Stones with holes clean through them are symbols of the womb of the Primordial Mother, protective amulets & good luck. White quartz is all-purpose.
3. Basic Gear: heat-safe incense bowl, any candles & holders, potion cup, offering dish, oil & Sea salt.

Starter exercises
. Practice grounding - anchor your energy-body into the earth; centering - follow your breath to draw power into the belly.
. Extend your psychic senses to greet the genius loci "spirit of the place" where you stand. Leave offerings.
. Practice feeling energy - hold your palms open & facing but not touching. Focus on the space between your hands. Push energy from the belly to your hands👏🏽. Notice any sensations.

Beginning practice
1. Use your starter kit. Make an altar - use symbols of Deity & Nature’s elements of land, sea, sky & fire.
2. Cleanse sacred space by sweeping in a circle ↪️ widdershins; center & project the circle deosil ↩️. Go on with your purpose. Ground yourself to close. A simple circle will dissipate when walked through.
3. At full moons sweep & cast a circle; Moon-gaze 10-mins while a cup of water charges in the moon-light; do divination; drink the moonlight infused water to aid psychism, & even better at the sea shore.
4. At Sabbats - Samhain, Imbolc, Beltane & Lammas sweep &'cast circle, reflect on the spirit of the season & give food/water offerings to the genius loci.
Lydia
Banned Member

Post by Lydia »

CrystalStar wrote:Also- does anyone have any spells for OCD to maybe inscribe in a grimoire? I keep trying to start a book, but OCD takes over and prevents me from starting one.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder? Spells don't help with mental health problems.
See a psychiatrist and ask for a prescription for the glutamate release inhibitor called riluzole.
It's much more effective than SSRIs, and it doesn't cause PSSD like SSRIs do.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Lydia wrote:
CrystalStar wrote:Also- does anyone have any spells for OCD to maybe inscribe in a grimoire? I keep trying to start a book, but OCD takes over and prevents me from starting one.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder? Spells don't help with mental health problems.
See a psychiatrist and ask for a prescription for the glutamate release inhibitor called riluzole.
It's much more effective than SSRIs, and it doesn't cause PSSD like SSRIs do.
Great reply, Lydia!
Also I want to say from my own experience that religion made my OCD worse, or better said, it caused it. I developed an obsessive need to pray, otherwise, I believed, something terrible would happen to someone from my family.
For now, I'm avoiding that religion which caused my symptoms (Catholic) but I know that I'll have to face it some day. And trust me, more prayer isn't going to help. I tried that already.

Return to “F.A.Q.”