Greetings!

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Raevyn

Greetings!

Post by Raevyn »

Greetings everyone,

My name is Silah (pronounced Si-Lah), I'm a 21 lady from Australia. I currently am a full time student studying Environmental Sustainability/Environmental Law at University, it's an area I am particularly passionate about.
I have two beautiful pets which I'm truly blessed to have.
This is Holly, my 9 year old Pomeranian
And this is my very special tiger, Tzuki, who is a 10 year old Blue point Birman
(Yes I am kind of cat crazy, they are my favourite animal lol).

I consider myself to be a Eclectic Wiccan (or Neo-Pagan?), I'm not sure if that will change over time, but most likely not. There are certain aspects of Wicca which I can't seem to get my head around and I'm still doing more research into those areas. I believe in the power of energy focused entities, although the God and Goddess creation stories not so much. Being a University student studying the area I am, I have quite a long scientific background and I just believe the evolution theory to be a more probable one over the God/Goddess creation one. Quantum physics tells us everything is made up of molecules at atoms (and smaller subatomic particles) which contain energy and the theory in many ways clearly show that everything is in a integrated energy web.

So with that in mind I do believe in the power of nature and the elements and so forth. So very easily I am able to practice witchcraft and work with energy and believe that it will work. The God/Goddess side of things however I'm not so sure about, I'll always continue to research that area of Wicca, however I'm not so sure it will ever be something I believe in and incorporate into my practice of witchcraft. I am very envious of people who believe in the God/Goddess (or Gods/Goddesses) and have a connection/relationship with their deity. That's very special and you're very lucky, I wish I could experience such things myself. I have been studying Wicca since I was 16 years old although I have memories of looking into witchcraft on our first computer (in secret late at night) when I was around 12, although I have prior experiences of witchcraft (which I'll save for another thread). I love learning new things and when I could seriously get into studying Wicca when I was around 18, I had a great sense of belonging and I felt very happy in myself and the direction my life was taking.

Well that's my lengthy introduction, Blessed be everyone.
~Silah~
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Greetings!

Post by SnowCat »

Welcome. Love the fur baby pictures.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Becks

Post by Becks »

Welcome to the board.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Welcome to the forum!
You have some beautiful fur babies. I have two cats and two puppies myself.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Welcome aboard!
Love the dog and cat!
Raevyn

Post by Raevyn »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Ahoy there! :)
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Welcome! I just joined as well and am totally into quantum physics. I feel you on the God/Goddess thing. But I guess I choose to think that since so many people believe, it manifests them into being real. Maybe not the whole creation part, but I think they definitely are real in the sense of being a collective energy of some sort. And also that they have a real power and can be called upon. Well I guess I shouldn't say definitely cause who really knows? Lol. But that is what's great about Wicca, we are all entitled to believe/think what ever we want without judgements. Anyways, luv your fur babies <3
Raevyn

Post by Raevyn »

Thanks everyone!
Katrinkah wrote: But that is what's great about Wicca, we are all entitled to believe/think what ever we want without judgements. Anyways, luv your fur babies <3
That is one of the best parts of Wicca in my opinion, that people are entitled to believe what they choose. Wicca is very open and non oppressive like other religions. And many people I have spoken to have been so kind and open minded to different opinions. And thanks, I love my little fur babies!
Raevyn

Post by Raevyn »

Greetings kind souls,

This is just a re-introduction as I haven't been very active and a lot has changed in the past year. Plus I have a very special someone I want you all to meet. I'm now 23 (almost 24). Since writing this introduction back in 2016, I have since finished my Environmental Science degree, graduating with a 6.3/7 Australian GPA! At the start of my final year at University I fell pregnant with my first child and subsequently ended up moving house at 34 weeks pregnant (which I can assure you is not fun). In addition to finishing University in November last year, my darling son was born in December (on the 7th). It was a very quick birth (6 hours total from start to recovery in the ward), it was 100% natural and I did not need/use any pain medication (even in recovery). Which I am very proud of. It was like my inner goddess was guiding me, it was an amazing experience to have.

Without further delay, I'm proud to announce my gorgous little boy, Leo (who is now almost 11 weeks old).

A few hours after delivery (born weighing 6Ibs 12 Ounces or 3kgs)
A week old vs 8 weeks old
Leo with his lion - 4 weeks old
His new custom made comforter
After bath time 6 weeks
Well that's my re-introduction and update post, I hope everyone is doing well and welcome to all the new members here! This is a fantastic place to meet new people with similar interests and learn new things.

Bright blessings lovely people,
Silah.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

A dream child. I wish you every happiness. My two are grown now, but there is truly nothing more special. Planewalker
Raevyn

Post by Raevyn »

Thanks Planewalker! And they grow up so fast don't they?!
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Yeah! My son was just 5 and was freaked about starting school and my daughter was just born yesterday. Today my son's 31 and is 5 inches taller than I am and outweighs me by 50 pounds.He's a marshal arts blackbelt {I can still win 2 outta 3 sparring matchs}. He's also a blackbelt computer entrepreneur and is my IT Dept. My daughter just finished her second Masters. She is my best Craft student. They grow up at the speed of light. I know you will love and cherish him everyday of your life.
Crazy Cat Lady

Post by Crazy Cat Lady »

Welcome back, and congrats on your beautiful baby!

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”