Did this healing spell work?

For you advanced spell crafters looking to get feedback on spells you wrote.
Wanderer022

Did this healing spell work?

Post by Wanderer022 »

I just wanted to know if this sounds like it worked to the people who practice magick.

I wanted to create a spell for a neighbor who is ill. I'm still a beginner at magick so I'm not sure if this worked, but I'll try to explain.

I have trouble feeling specific emotions. And I know magick is linked with emotion.

So when writing the spell, I tried to feel a sense of need. And while feeling that, I wrote down "Become healthy, become whole, the cancer will leave you alone". It doesn't rhyme but yeah I'm not good with that.

So I sat down, just in my living room, eyes closed. And I started saying that over and over. Each time I tried to feel more "needy" like "this WILL happen! This NEEDS to happen!" I was essentially begging... then I threw in some visualisation. I visualised black smoke (in my mind this was the sickness) coming out of my neighbours body. This was my way of visualizing the sickness leaving his body. Still while saying that phrase. Throughout this time, my chest seemed to have this "heavy" feeling, like something heavy was placed on it. And it became heavier and heavier as it went on.

It didn't last long, about five minutes I guess. I then stopped, opened my eyes and said, so is my will and so shall it be. And the heavy feeling went away slowly. I now feel a little tired actually.

Did my spell work? I mean of course nobody can say yet but does it sound to you, whom is more practiced in magick than me, like it worked?
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
blue_moon

Re: Did this work?

Post by blue_moon »

I'm pretty sure no one here can answer your question if it worked.

But if you want to know if you've done it "right" - it sounds really good to me! You'll just have to waite and see if the result is as you expected.

Remember to ground yourself after spellwork by eating a bite and/or drinking something.
BB

Blue Moon
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Okay, scratch that, I'm not a little tired, I feel really tired now. And I have a headache haha
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

blue_moon wrote:I'm pretty sure no one here can answer your question if it worked.

But if you want to know if you've done it "right" - it sounds really good to me! You'll just have to waite and see if the result is as you expected.

Remember to ground yourself after spellwork by eating a bite and/or drinking something.
And yes I wanted to know if I did it right. :)

Blessed be *
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I agree with Blue Moon, no one here can say for sure whether or not you did it "right." What is correct for you is going to be different than what may be correct for me :) But, it does sound like you gave a great deal of energy to this, which is usually a good sign to me. Just give yourself a moment after your spellwork and get yourself a bite to eat- that normally helps me.

I will also point out that some, if not many, people on here would warn to not practice magic on behalf of another, even if it is with the best of intentions, without their expressed consent. In my opinion, the magic seems to be more potent that way.

It sounds like your heart is in the right place and visualization and intention are key when practicing magic, and it sounds like you are right where you need to be in that department. :D I wish you and your neighbor the very best. Keep us updated!
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Unfortunately my neighbour was diagnosed with cancer, but I'm aware that spells don't always go like they should, so I'm still holding on to hope that mine might help him to heal permanently after treatment.

Blessed be *
Becks

Post by Becks »

That's really sad to hear. I'm so glad that your neighbour has you caring about him/her. I think that's something really special.

I just want you to know that while magic is a lot of things, it's not capable of everything. Please understand that I'm not saying your neighbour will not get well....but that ultimately the wellness of your neighbour may not be dependant on what you did or did not do correctly in your spell work. Terrible illness and such large challenges are subject to many factors. Factors beyond our control. Don't be upset with yourself if you aren't able to enact the exact change that you desire in this case.

What I do know is that your neighbour is lucky to have you caring so much and taking steps to put real energy out into the universe for their recovery. I think that says a lot about you. It's never a bad thing when people care so much about somebody's wellness. Lots of good vibes to you both.
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Becks wrote:That's really sad to hear. I'm so glad that your neighbour has you caring about him/her. I think that's something really special.

I just want you to know that while magic is a lot of things, it's not capable of everything. Please understand that I'm not saying your neighbour will not get well....but that ultimately the wellness of your neighbour may not be dependant on what you did or did not do correctly in your spell work. Terrible illness and such large challenges are subject to many factors. Factors beyond our control. Don't be upset with yourself if you aren't able to enact the exact change that you desire in this case.

What I do know is that your neighbour is lucky to have you caring so much and taking steps to put real energy out into the universe for their recovery. I think that says a lot about you. It's never a bad thing when people care so much about somebody's wellness. Lots of good vibes to you both.
Thanks I needes to hear that. I knew that but somewhere in my mind yesterday evening when I received the news, I wondered "Was I even strong enough? Maybe it didn't work because I can't do it?" But I'm not stopping. Because I'll never learn if I don't practice.

Blessed be *
Becks

Post by Becks »

There's that approach absolutely, and then there is also the idea that you can shift your focus from the responsibility for curing this person-to creating a repository of healing energy, light and love for their spirit to draw from as they embark on their difficult journey. Don't forget that acts in the mundane can have a magical and spiritual effect. Small acts like a food, or a plant, or weeding a garden bed, raking leaves, or even just a smile can also go a long way to deliver loving spiritual intent. You are a very kind person. :)
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Thank you all for your kind words. :) I'll try my best to send some healing energy his way

Blessed be *
Raevyn

Post by Raevyn »

Sorry to hear about your neighbour. I think, like everyone else said, there's no way to know for sure and sometimes things are out of our control and even magick cannot cure it. It sounds like you did it right in terms of words/method and intent. I think all you can do now is be positive, keep sending that healing energy his way and just be there for your neighbour, little things can go a long way. Offer some help maybe and keep being positive.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

As others have said, magic doesn't necessarily cure cancer. But it can help a person fight it off. It can also support the person spiritually. I will send Reiki to your neighbor also.
Myrth
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I completely agree with others. We cannot guarantee your neighbor's complete healing and recovery but the good thing about magick is once you performed it with proper words, method, intent and sometimes correspondce, certainly it can give you spiritual and energetic support to overcome the pains of sickness.

But I would also like to throw something out here if you dont mind -- have you ever consider calling a Deity to aid you or petition a spirit in addition to your spell? Indeed, in Ancient Near East, there's a tradition, when the nation go to war against an adversary that oppresses them have to sound a trumpet or do a war cry and they will be heard before their Gods and they will be delivered from their opressors. Based on this old tradition, as an Occultist, I still understand that just as when we are currently battling something, we can call out to the Deities and spirits with trumpet blasts or any instrument like lyre if you're calling for the Greek God Apollo for instance or cymbals for the Egyptian Goddess Sekhmet. For me, just as it is incumbent on the ancient community to collectively cry out to the Deities in times of need, so too, an individual is obliged to call out to Them in times of personal needs.

I dont know however what is your personal view about Gods. Maybe you are not a theist but I do believe that the Divine world or plane is open to everyone. I would also suggest to incorporate the words of the person in need which is your neighbor in your phrase or incantation as it is potentially much more powerful than any words someone else could offer. Remember that the important are heartfelt and sincere words. They are what matter.

When articulating a prayer, petitional phrase or incantation, it is best to choose our words carefully; being specific is important. Also when Im calling out to my Deities during spell casting, I always seek first a heightened consciousness of their divine presence before proceeding to enumerate whatever the needs are of the moment.

Calling out to my Deities thus a curative act and it makes sense that it is part of my prescription for healing in my path and tradition. In doing so, we affect an actual spiritual and physical change in the situation before us. In the end, our spells still may or may not result in the healing we seek. Ultimately, everything is up to the universe. We are limited in our ability to understand why things happen as they do. Still, with our magick, we are improved, the universe is enhanced (even if ever-so-slightly), and we are drawn closer to the object of our magick and to the Divine world. Hope this helps!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Seraphin Murmur wrote:I completely agree with others. We cannot guarantee your neighbor's complete healing and recovery but the good thing about magick is once you performed it with proper words, method, intent and sometimes correspondce, certainly it can give you spiritual and energetic support to overcome the pains of sickness.

But I would also like to throw something out here if you dont mind -- have you ever consider calling a Deity to aid you or petition a spirit in addition to your spell? Indeed, in Ancient Near East, there's a tradition, when you the nation go to war against an adversary that oppresses them have to sound a trumpet or do a war cry and they will be heard before their Gods and they will be delivered from their opressors. Based on this old tradition, as an Occultist, I still understand that just as when we are currently battling something, we can call out to the Deities and spirits with trumpet blasts or any instrument like lyre if you're calling for the Greek God Apollo for instance or cymbals for the Egyptian Goddess Sekhmet. For me, just as it is incumbent on the ancient community to collectively cry out to the Deities in times of need, so too, an individual is obliged to call out to Them in times of personal needs.

I dont know however what is your personal view about Gods. Maybe you are not a theist but I do believe that the Divine world or plane is open to everyone. I would also suggest to incorporate the words of the person in need which is your neighbor in your phrase or incantation as it is potentially much more powerful than any words someone else could offer. Remember that the important are heartfelt and sincere words. They are what matter.

When articulating a prayer, phrase or incantation, it is best to choose our words carefully; being specific is important. Also when Im calling out to my Deities during spell casting, I always seek first a heightened consciousness of their divine presence before proceeding to enumerate whatever the needs are of the moment.

Calling out to my Deities thus a curative act and it makes sense that it is part of my prescription for healing in my path and tradition. In doing so, we affect an actual spiritual and physical change in the situation before us. In the end, our spells still may or may not result in the healing we seek. Ultimately, everything is up to the universe. We are limited in our ability to understand why things happen as they do. Still, with our magick, we are improved, the universe is enhanced (even if ever-so-slightly), and we are drawn closer to the object of our magick and to the Divine world. Hope this helps!
Vewwwy intewesting :D Yeah when things didn't turn it out as it should have, I decided to ask the Lord and Lady to take my spell and turn that energy into a prayer. I guess that doesn't cancel it out (does it?), but yeah. The problem is I don't feel like I can do this for my neighbour with him knowing , because nobody here knows I'm starting with magick and such. Christian community.

Well I did tell someone, but I told her "I've learned to manipulate energy" .... she's none the wiser to what I'm talking about hahahaha. I wasn't technically lying. ;)

Blessed be *
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Just let your neighbor knows that youre going to pray for him/her and you need their prayer requests, something like that.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Return to “Spell Critique”