Justice for a friend.

Many pagans and witches use prayer as a form of worship and for requesting help from deities. Share and discuss prayers here.
corvidus

Justice for a friend.

Post by corvidus »

This isn't something I'd normally do. However, it seems appropriate. A very close friend of mine has been put in a sticky situation. She is fighting the state government in court, here in Montana.

Being a female and trying to do a job, she has come up against certain and specific resistance from intimidated men. Working in a "department of justice", they've accused her of prostitution; something she has never done. All of this is a power play in order to secure the careers of those lesser and self-conscious.

Being a man myself, and not being familiar with so many feminine spirits of justice, I'm posting this as query to those better informed. Any suggestions or lines of inquiry are much appreciated.

Also, any prayers or intentions of support, even as general as I present it, will greatly help and are greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to point out that this is a fairly advanced situation, as it is an individual trying to work against a thoroughly corrupt (my opinion) 'system'.

I am doing my own research and such, but there is much thanks and appreciation for anyone who reads this and chooses to support it.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Justice for a friend.

Post by Seraphin »

I am more than willing to assist you creating a justice prayer for your friend. But for us to start, may I know what do you mean by feminine spirits of justice? Are you referring to Deities of righteous judgment?

This just confirms to your friend that a different kind and quality of justice indeed applies to the influential and powerful. Tsk, tsk...
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Sadly enough, women and men are treated differently depending on which level we're working. American justice is far behind an 'equilibrium'.

Therefor, a 'prayer' for a man is different than a prayer for women. A man's justice is revenge (imo) and a women's justice? This I don't know and the reason for my post. Maybe close to resolution for the sake of emotional resolution . But that's my interpretaion.

I am also open to hearing a woman's occult perspective on justice.

As far as 'spirits of justice', the only ones I can think of are masculine, and of the Shem haMephoresh type. The feminine ones I think of are Lilith or servers of Hers, which commonly have a more 'becoming' vibe rather than 'justice'. I think it would benefit my friend most to appeal to the feminine side, as her plight is against prejudice.

Feel free to message me, I have little else to do atm.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Has she been criminally charged with prostitution? Or is she facing some sort of civil suit, perhaps a sexual harassment in the workplace type lawsuit? Or is she the victim of workplace rumors?
Myrth
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

I believe it is a civil lawsuit, but I am not familiar with the terminology, so it gets confusing for me.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

So she may have said "good morning," and being female, she was being uppity. I will ask Sekhmet to provide whatever influence she can.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Thanks!
SirisDerp

Post by SirisDerp »

When you spoke of legal, the first goddess to come to mind is Lady Justice. Her statue often appears in law offices as a symbol to uphold the law. She's actually a Roman goddess known as Iustitia or Justitia. She sounds like more of who you'd want to appeal to in your prayer for your friend. There are a lot of goddess out there that'd fall into what you're looking for and depends on what background you want to look into.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Hello everyone, thought I'd update things.

It seems everything has come to an end. I was recently told that my friend has found her justice. The lawsuit was settled, and also, not only her direct supervisor, but everyone in this particular department's chain of command has been fired -- no severance packages, no 401k, no anything. Just straight up fired and without a job. And probably without solid recommendation in the field of law and justice.

For now, justice is served. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Oh, that's great news, corvidus. Thanks for the update. This post slipped under my radar, am only just seeing it now, and I was not able to hope for the best on this as the others who've read it no doubt did. But, a positive resolution became of it, and that's great. I'm not happy those people lost their jobs. But, I am glad their egregiously bad behavior was punished. It needed to be. They're behavior seemed like something out of the Dark Ages, or something. I sincerely hope the punishment made them think about their wrongs, not just how not to get caught next time. There's a difference.

It's also great to know men like you are sensitive to the injustices women often face, and try to help. That's as wonderful to me as the positive resolution of your friend's situation. This was good and uplifting all the way around.

Return to “Pagan Prayers”