Tattoos in the Service / Tattoos as Sigils

Share photos or links to your arts and crafts here. Jewelry, paintings, crafts, graphic art.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Body art and Tattoo's

Post by SnowCat »

One of the things I want to do this year, is get the tattoo that I've been planning for about twelve years. Good tattoo work is pricey, so finances have held me back. Just as well, since it's planned for my right shoulder, and the two surgeries in less than a year would have really messed it up.

The piece comes from a dream that I had a few years after the Columbine High School shooting. It's a Celtic dragon, holding up his right foresaw for a butterfly to land on. In the meantime, I've acquired a really nice Celtic dragon pendant for Chris to use as a model. I haven't quite settled on a look for the butterfly. Since this piece will be on the right, it will be day themed. I unconsciously, over the years, have divided my body art into dark on the left, and day on the right.

If anyone has any suggestions for the butterfly style and color, please share them. I won't guarantee that I will use any particular suggestion, but we have some wonderful creative minds here. Someone, or several someones, might have just what I'm looking for.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
AthenaLaReina

Post by AthenaLaReina »

SnowCat wrote:The possibility, however remote, exists of any one of us being kidnapped by almost anyone, at ant time. One of my tattoos serves as protection. So yes, tattoos have power. So do cross necklaces, hijack and turbans. I see all of those frequently. Fortunately, we all get along in my community. I love the diversity.

Snow
How I see tattoos ^^
Best wishes to the best witches!
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

......Then there are those in "black bag" that have tattoos. Usually on the ankle, and usually just a number......

E.E. goodnevil
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
SirisDerp

Post by SirisDerp »

SnowCat wrote:One of the things I want to do this year, is get the tattoo that I've been planning for about twelve years. Good tattoo work is pricey, so finances have held me back. Just as well, since it's planned for my right shoulder, and the two surgeries in less than a year would have really messed it up.

The piece comes from a dream that I had a few years after the Columbine High School shooting. It's a Celtic dragon, holding up his right foresaw for a butterfly to land on. In the meantime, I've acquired a really nice Celtic dragon pendant for Chris to use as a model. I haven't quite settled on a look for the butterfly. Since this piece will be on the right, it will be day themed. I unconsciously, over the years, have divided my body art into dark on the left, and day on the right.

If anyone has any suggestions for the butterfly style and color, please share them. I won't guarantee that I will use any particular suggestion, but we have some wonderful creative minds here. Someone, or several someones, might have just what I'm looking for.

Snow
May I suggest any of these designs?

HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I'm not sure I understand this discussion.

"Don't get tattoo's because then you can't be a covert operator"...

Was that the point?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

SirisDerp wrote:
SnowCat wrote:One of the things I want to do this year, is get the tattoo that I've been planning for about twelve years. Good tattoo work is pricey, so finances have held me back. Just as well, since it's planned for my right shoulder, and the two surgeries in less than a year would have really messed it up.

Snow
May I suggest any of these designs?

The second row, far right would be ideal. Thanks!

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Artwork”