Question About The Altar/Sacred Space?

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
creativemind243

Question About The Altar/Sacred Space?

Post by creativemind243 »

Hello everyone! So, lately, I've really wanted to build a permanent Altar/Sacred Space. But my room is very small, and my space is limited. But what I've thought about doing, is erecting an Altar on my desk. Now, this may sound a bit odd; but hear me out! The way my desk is made is that it has the main area, and then it's got a raised area that is pretty big. And below it are two small shelves and a drawer.

So I've thought about, on the part that's raised, maybe erecting a permanent Altar on? And then on the part that's not raised, maybe I could put some candles and things on. Do you guys think that this could work? I do keep my writing and art utensils on it, but maybe I could incorporate them into my rituals since I really do enjoy writing and drawing?
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.
Wanderer022

Re: Question About The Altar/Sacred Space?

Post by Wanderer022 »

creativemind243 wrote:Hello everyone! So, lately, I've really wanted to build a permanent Altar/Sacred Space. But my room is very small, and my space is limited. But what I've thought about doing, is erecting an Altar on my desk. Now, this may sound a bit odd; but hear me out! The way my desk is made is that it has the main area, and then it's got a raised area that is pretty big. And below it are two small shelves and a drawer.

So I've thought about, on the part that's raised, maybe erecting a permanent Altar on? And then on the part that's not raised, maybe I could put some candles and things on. Do you guys think that this could work? I do keep my writing and art utensils on it, but maybe I could incorporate them into my rituals since I really do enjoy writing and drawing?
I think it sounds like a good idea! I think an altar is about how the space feels to you. It should feel "sacred". My altar is on my drawer so yeah. Hahaha.
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

I've made a small bin altar, and I sit at it to do my work. Anything else Wicca related, such as research, I do at my desk.
And incorporating art and writing into your craft is a very good idea! I know for me personally, Brighid likes when I create things, even if it's just a Kandi bracelet or something, She enjoys my creativity, and I assume that's why she chose me.
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
creativemind243

Post by creativemind243 »

Thanks to you both for the advice! It's greatly appreciated!
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh ya, definitely include room for working space.

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”