My best friend tried to change me Rant

Talk about anything you want to here.
Wanderer022

My best friend tried to change me Rant

Post by Wanderer022 »

So yesterday I visited a friend who knows about my beliefs. She then proceeded to tell me about a dream she was having about me. In her dream, she saw an angel, and then I took a rock and threw the angel with it. The angel used his staff to reflect the rock back onto me, and it hit me in the forehead and I fell down. Soon after telling me this dream this followed: " You should know I always pray for you, and sometimes these things happen to bring people back to the right path, and you really shouldn't get this deep into Wicca. Don't start buying ritual tools and things!" (She's Christian by the way)

I told her I was fine and that telling me not to buy ritual tools or go too deep is like telling a Christian not to read the Bible too closely. This whole discussion was followed up with her saying things like: "I KNOW my way is right! Screw history, it's just something people dig up from ages ago and now they are practicing it again." "You are going to hell!" "Pagans have no religion! They create their own religion (which is somewhat true I suppose)" "History never happened! The bible is true!"

I told her about Jesus and how he did the same things as me. And she flat out denied it's the same thing. This whole thing was just her denying my Gods exist. And telling me "I'm right and you're wrong".

We agreed to set aside the conversation and not speak about it again. And I certainly won't. I feel very inclined to purposefully shut down any conversation remotely religious related she may come up with. If she would ask: "What are you using the rosemary for?" I feel like saying "Doesn't matter. You don't believe in it so don't ask."

I was really excited about sharing it with her, even if she was Christian. At the beginning she was very supportive. Or I suppose she was acting like she was. I'm just really angry. I decided next time she starts this with me I will reflect everything she says back on her. So she can know how hurtful it is. But that's just me being mad and hurt I suppose.

Sorry for the long rant. Having someone read it gets it out of me and onto the cellphone screen!
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
YanaKhan

Re: My best friend tried to change me Rant

Post by YanaKhan »

Hey, Wanderer022.
It's very hard to have someone close to you not accept your beliefs and practices. I'm really sorry you have to go through this. The only thing you can be certain of is that your friend does think she's doing you good by trying to convert you to Christianity. She believes she can save you and this is why she's doing this.

On the other hand, it's frustrating to have people wanting to change you. It means they don't really want you as a friend but the version of you that they think is better.

All I can offer as advice is to not change in order to impress or satisfy someone. If a person loves you, they will love you for who you are, wart and all. Avoiding religious conversations is probably a good idea - if this girl really is your friend, she'll do the same. Unfortunately, the way I see it, this friendship is not really going anywhere if she's as bound to change you as you say.

I know this is not really any advice at all and I wish I could offer more help, but I can't.

Best of luck.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”