is it ok?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
gingerkitty

is it ok?

Post by gingerkitty »

Hi there,i was wondering is it ok to put a spell on someone and will it work?A friend of mine has delt with spells in the past,he is likly to know when a spell is put on him.I want to play with his head and see if he knows i am putting a spell on him . I only want to do it if its ok as i dont want to break any rules. :?
Hera#76

Post by Hera#76 »

Personally I don't think you should because I believe you should only use spells for serious matters, I am uncomfortable with the idea of using it as a joke, to prove a point.
Bubbles float because they are light and happy; don't let life wear you down!
gingerkitty

Post by gingerkitty »

Its not really a joke,i just want to get up him.
fatalism

Post by fatalism »

Actually I don't see anything interesting about doing it other than that it's a waste of energy. It probably won't work simply because it's a waste of energy. Note that magick works best when you feel as if your life depends on magick. Your fastest mile is run not at the Olympics, but when you're being chased by a rabid cheeta who wants nothing more than to devour you.

How well magick works depends on how much you want/need it (if you really need it, you're liable to want it more), or, how much you can delude yourself into wanting/needing it (a very precious tool for magicians who enjoy using magick experimentally as opposed to pragmatically).

Magick also depends on the event that you're trying to handle. Obviously causing a candle to go out magickally would be much more simple than causing a power outage that spanned all of New York. Similarly, controlling the mind of a newborn is easier than controlling the mind of a god.

From the information given, I can probably say that it'll be a complete and utter waste of your time to try anything of the sort. This is mostly from a pragmatic perspective. As a more or less amoral magician, I don't have the moral highground or authority to lecture you on whether or not it is right or wrong. The only official moral rules in magick are the moral rules you dictate for youself. If you're fine with 'playing around' with someone's head, then I suppose you could try it. Of course, I don't think it'd work, but you could always 'try it.'
"Nothing is True; Everything is Permitted"
Draconis

Post by Draconis »

id suggest that this is a bad idea, one because your friend may see it as a offensive attack and send back energy at you, causing you harm. Karma may get you back. Trying to influence or 'mess with their head' is kinda dark (IMO), im not trying to make out im a Saint, ive been tempted by darker magick before but never used it. Also as Fatalism said it will just be a waste of energy and unlikely to work
All of lifes little problems can be solved by beating the buggers on the head with a broom.
Elem

Post by Elem »

As I've already said in the other post you made on this same topic (I'm no mod, but.. Please, try to refrain from double-posting. It gets annoying, and splits topics up into two halves), I can't see why you'd even want to?

There's just.. No point to this? What a complete and utter waste of time, effort and energy that could otherwise be spent doing something constructive - Again, I repeat the point I made in your other post - just why do you want this person to obsess over you? Simply to prove that you can??

Elem
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

I've done something similar to see if I could get another practicianers attention, but I don't waste energy for a spell. If you are experienced with energy manipulations, try generating an energy sphere and throwing it at his head or something. I personally use the tentacle meathod. Though you could using similar things like vines, ropes, ect... Just create your prefered one, and let it slide out of your hands and wrap around them or pass through them, but dont let them lose contact with your hands. If they are in the right mind set and sensitive enough at the time, I suppose you could say, they will pick up on it. They my look in the direction it came from or comment about it if they know you well enough.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
gingerkitty

Post by gingerkitty »

Thank you all your input is noted and greatly received .Thank you wolf tht is something i didnt think of and will do the trick thanks again.l

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”