Meditated for the first time

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
WaterMoon

Meditated for the first time

Post by WaterMoon »

So, yesterday I meditated for the first time. I looked up a video for meditations on youtube and found one. During the session, the lady tells me to breathe in and out in a the same pattern. So I do so. After a few minutes of doing so, my head begins to feel like I'm on an airplane. My body begins to feel like I'm floating. The women who is doing the talking tells me that your body should feel like its floating. However, I begin to start to panic...

There seems to be a lot of energy that was surrounding me. I freaked out and moved, decided that maybe I should stop. So, I stopped... From my past experiences, I've learned that I am very sensitive to energy. Not that the energy, I was experiencing in meditation was negative... I just began to feel like I was dizzy, lightheaded and I was a little distorted. I don't know if this has happened to anyone before.

But I figured I share.
PistashioQueen

Re: Mediated for the first time

Post by PistashioQueen »

Remember you are safe and enjoy it. I learnt to go with it and wait for things to unfold. Trust you are safe. I tend to lie down rather than sit up, you may feel more secure that way.
corvidus

Re: Meditated for the first time

Post by corvidus »

Quite unusual for a beginner, in a good way :)

If it continues to be a problem, find a gemstone that is good for grounding -- jaspers, black stones, maybe lava rock if you're into it. Sit inside a circle of four or five stones, or just hold one stone. Try not to concentrate on the stones.

The point is to make the energy around you heavier, so that you can control when you feel floaty or when you want clarity and stability during the meditation.
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

Keep it up. Eventually it becomes a daily routine, and it feels funny to miss a day.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

As you see, it's a common sensation most people forget even happens. When I get floaty in meditation, I slow down the deep breathing to correct it. Sometimes it feels like I'm going to spin right out of the chair or there isn't any chair, or like I'm falling forward. Hyperventilating. I also found that doing the breathing without meditating a few times a day was like increasing my brain's ability to process oxygen, and therefore I did not get floaty when I want to meditate, over time.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Hello, I believe it was a powerful experience. I'm not trying to run it, however I want to say that it was potentially induced by change of oxygen concentration in your blood. When your breathing pattern changes, it had an effect on your brain and that can cause floating feeling and anxiety . http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/hype ... c-overview
Last edited by Xiao Rong on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited "poetically" to "potentially"

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”