Bird Omens-dove/pigeon

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
moonraingirl

Re: Bird Omens-dove/pigeon

Post by moonraingirl »

I like that you are so worried about the bird. I love them, too.
First thing .don't be sad even if the hawk catches him some day .it's a natural thing, a cycle of life. The hawk is not mean, he has the same right to live as your Dove. It's only you that decided who you like more. But does the Nature think that way?
Second, I understand that you want the birds to be safe. But maybe it is cruel to capture wild animals and cage them. And it may even be illegal in your area. Here it is illegal.
I agree that the message is to learn to let go, to trust the life, destiny, universe that everything is going to be OK even if you don't have full control over things. Let the dove, the life move freely.
I have pigeons too. They come to me every morning and I give them seeds and than they leave and I enjoy their freedom. They were born free. They have wings to use them. I'm also afraid that something is going to happen to them but I use this moment to think about freedom VS control and safety. It has been a big lesson for me.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Welp, Albion is still hanging around.
As for the ring neck doves, @ moonraingirl...like I had said they were previously caged. It would be more cruel to let them go since they hadn't had to fend for them selves or have the strength to outfly a hawk.They let me catch them, one just jumped on my finger when I put it under his chest and must have been cuddled a lot because he loves to be held in the palm of your hands and have his back kissed. I occasionally let them fly around in the house. These types of birds are frequently sold as pets and are legal in California.
I have a couple update pics
The ringneck turlte doves coo-coo and coo-ka-roo
This is Coo-coo
This is Coo-coo
This is Coo-ka-roo
This is Coo-ka-roo
Albion has decided to stay for now and spends much of his day on the rungs of the berry trellis. Still won't let anyone closer than about 5 feet. He's really pretty.
Albion on the roof
Albion on the roof
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

They are so cute and I love their names :-)
I see now that they are pet doves :-)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

:D
Hey Kassandra, I've been thinking about your encounter with meditative voice,
"you're just a little dove" or "you're my little mourning dove,"
Could this be a sign of your true nature? Or hidden inner nature? I have tried to figure out what dove is in an oracle sense for some time. Way back (about 20 years now) when we had the free range rock dove that someone had brought to me for rescue because he was a baby with no feathers yet, and had fallen out of his nest. I thought whaaaaat is the bigger message?
..I could be described a lot of ways, and something gentle like a dove wouldn't be one of them, lol.
:lol: I resemble that remark. So I was certain I needed to be the peacemaker constantly running interference between the household battles... but now I'm thinking I need to find peace for myself, within myself. Maybe being kind and gentle to the self? Are you being gentle to you?
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

A single dove is also a symbol for your indwelling spirit. I looked but didn't see anyone else mentioning that, and sorry if you have & I'm just repeating. The Force is with you. :D
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks firebirdflys for posting the pics of the lovely little guys, by the way, as well as taking the time to type those "dove facts," both mythological and factual, very interesting. And thank you for sharing your thoughts about the possible meanings of the recurring "dove archetype" I've been experiencing lately. Since I mentioned the recurring doves, they've stopped, and I remembered why this has happened to me a few times in the past.

Seems every time I undergo a new endeavor, a related animal will pop up. I'll keep seeing it everywhere until I finally slow down enough to take the time to ask it why it is here. For instance, when I was trying to strike out in business, a spider and her lovely web popped up for about two years or so. I had many instructive insights about business from her. One of the most memorable was how when one's beautifully-crafted web gets destroyed somehow, don't take it personally. Let go of the past and patiently begin again with peace and self-confidence that we can rebuild as we need to. The world will see the beauty that you have created in your work, whatever it is.

A buffalo appeared when I was singing in bands. She taught that healing energies could vibrate in all directions via sound, so it is important to mind what you say (and sing!) and there were many other lessons from her. And there have been other animals/lessons in my life. And now, I believe the dove comes along because lately I have started to undertake a serious exploration of the heart chakra/frequency. The heart is very powerful. The scientific world has actually done a lot of studies on the electromagnetic properties of the heart, so I've been looking into that more lately. Firebirdflys, in another thread we both concurred about the trauma the planet seems to be under in different ways, and I think staying in one's heart center is a powerful part of healing that. I guess I am pursuing an unofficial hypothesis of some sort, lol.

I know all this may sound strange to some people, but since it's happened before, I kind of know what it means, I just really need reminders from time to time about how things work spiritually. Even though I'm part Native American by blood, I didn't grow up talking about spirit guides, animal totems, and the like in my home. So, these things all still seems a bit foreign to me at times. Yet to my soul, it all makes perfect sense. I just needed reminders sometimes.

Well, I'm sorry to have "dove-tailed" :wink: my experience onto your story about your dove friends, but thanks for helping me feel at peace about it all.

K

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Kassandra wrote:Since I mentioned the recurring doves, they've stopped
...nope, haven't stopped.

Today he/she was perched on a wire again, this time about 15 feet or so closer to my car than last time. No branch in mouth, but directly facing my car and cooing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0LKPT1u1E8

As I drove away, I started having reworkings of framings (thoughts, attitudes) I have regarding certain aspects of my life right now, differing ways to look at things than how I'd been looking at them (all relating to the dove somehow as a metaphor). Interesting. I think I will start a journal of these insights.

Thanks.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

@ Kassandra...How is great that? It's so cool when we can see things differently in relationship to animal messages. Journaling on the matter is an excellent idea and one I should probably explore as well.
The coo of the mourning dove is so sweet... I had always thought they were morning doves, cuz they were always around in the morning, then I learned they are mourning doves and the sound they make is like crying. :cry:

The update on Albion is this...
He was still here after I got back from the handfasting ceremony in the Sierras, I half expected him to leave, but no. After I was home for about a week, he disappeared one morning, I thought ahhh he's gone now. But no...that eve he showed up, however he was covered in black soot like he had been in a chimney or something. Now we have been calling him a dirty bird :(
So, sheeze what now is he triyng to say?... my peace is black? My peace is all sooty? My peace will always be covered in dirt?
I -yi-yi
:roll:
Chalk white Albion is now a dirty bird!
Chalk white Albion is now a dirty bird!

FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

He has a secret identity as a chimney sweep.
On a similar note, I asked a seagull for help with finding shells at the beach today. He told me to go toward the rocky area. I thanked him, and wished him good hunting. He found sand crabs, and I found plenty of she'll pieces.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Albion is gone.
Husband says he found his wings (not attached to his body) this a.m. :cry:
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Now Coo ka roo is gone. Found feathers all over the front lawn, and his cage was left open, I really do not remember not shutting the cage door after feeding them,
I was in a hurry to get ready to take hubs to the orthopedic surgeon to get the staples out of his butt.
I'm really upset at my self, our gate was unlocked but I doubt anyone would come in just to open the cage door, and not steal the compressor or the generator or what ever else that seems to walk away around this neighborhood, but that was if the stuff that left was usually in the driveway, not beyond our gate.
This sucks, I am so sad. I suspect it was a hawk, some feathers were still floating down from the tree. :cry:
this picture is from above, he's the one in the middle pic of that post
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 4#pr250364
I'm trying to make any shred of sense to this, and yesterday was the 7th, the day my father in law passed away 33 years ago. I'm guessing he needed a bird? I sometimes think of days as portals connecting to past and future days of the same. Does that make sense? Then there is 33 a magic number in itself. I was told by the wind that this bird brought that something would happen in 9 waves, some kind of big change. I have often wondered on the length of a "wave"...a day, a month, a year? The bird showed up in 2011, that makes this year the 9th wave it is in years. Big change this year??
Please send some light to this sweet little guy, I'm really sorry if I cause your untimely death.
Mourningbird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think Coo decided it was time. I don't think it's on you. He had years that he probably would not have had on his own. Let him be at peace. Let yourself be at peace.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I agree with SnowCat.
As long as you don't crossbow down an albatross, you're good.

I only had one pet in my life and it's almost a decade post mortem.
I still miss it on occasion, though not entirely the fact that it died but rather the fact that I can never see its soul. Is it so deep in the realm of the dead or did it not care that much about me so as to pay a visit?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

SL wrote:I still miss it on occasion, though not entirely the fact that it died but rather the fact that I can never see its soul. Is it so deep in the realm of the dead or did it not care that much about me so as to pay a visit?
I don't know if it is a synergy of thoughts the neutral or the good way, but thanks to drawing attention onto it the pet visited me before the dawn. I was away when it died but that was around 5th July and the Moon position at this time was about the same.
I saw it jumping on my right arm and then jumping even somewhere higher I could not see. Words came (mine?) "I love you, you my little animal."
I woke up into so many tears, it is a very affectionate kind of love.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Animals and Pets”