Fairy gardens

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
crescent

Fairy gardens

Post by crescent »

Does anyone like to keep fairy gardens? The one outside is surrounded and sometimes hidden by periwinkle. I like that it usually only contains natural materials, but for the time being added items that had been kept amongst houseplants. Equal opportunity- doors for fairies and gnomes.
lilacnyellow

Re: Fairy gardens

Post by lilacnyellow »

I have a place where the good people live but not a really nice one like that. :)
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I'm working on a fairy house now.

How did you get your images embedded into EUTM/Resources???

I was trying to figure out a better way to link to my fairy house images when I noticed the url for your images is local.

Either way. My fairy house is coming along.

My daughters love it.

So does the dog. She's eaten several parts of it.
It's slow going but it's going.
crescent

Post by crescent »

HopeChild, love natural settings like that! I think it's more fitting. Sorry, all I know is that I clicked upload attachment... I do not even know enough to know what you are asking! I probably need to Google more terms before playing on forums.
*everything I say could have a lol behind it but that is annoying and probably not done anymore. lol. Oldtimer voice: Back in the day we had to type in emoticons- we were either smiling, frowning, winking, or sticking our tongues out.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I don't have any photos, but I really like making fairy houses when I sit for a spell, out walking around the nature trails and parks. The best day was using moss and bark to make a castle turret and a dragon fly landed on it. It belonged there.

Another time I had done a twig bench, and a little white moth flitted over and sat on it. I think it was the same day a swan chased me across a lake cove in my canoe. Those critters can paddle!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have plans for a fairy garden. The execution of the idea is lagging. I need to at least measure the area that I plan to enclose with retaining wall blocks. That would give me a clue about how many I need. The fairy garden will also double as an outdoor altar where I can leave offerings to Bast and Sekhmet.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Wonderful fairy garden, crescent, and thanks for starting this thread! (btw, I still lol quite a bit, don't really care if it's in style anymore or not, and I haha frequently, or sometimes I just ha)

HopefulChild wrote:How did you get your images embedded into EUTM/Resources???
As crescent mentioned, it's just a matter of uploading the pic as an attachment to your post (like when you send an email attachment), see: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p248888 I like when people use Photobucket though, because the pic is bigger and looks nicer in my opinion. But, I too started using the attachment method a while back because it's just quicker and easier than Photobucket.

And I love the fairy house, HopefulChild, nice work! In the top photo, I see fairies dancing on the surface of the tree stump.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Crescent, all your pictures have disappeared!
How goes your fairy house Hopeful Child? any additions?
I make these out in the wild sometimes with twigs and rocks, cones, leaves...whatever is available. I forget to photograph though. I guess the photos i have are on film.

BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
crescent

Post by crescent »

Well, why I delete... I am more hesitant to share, because it feels "weird" that posts/pics can stay on the front page for so long/years later. Probably just a personal superstition!

Return to “Gardening”