How to let go of anger?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
gentlelamb

How to let go of anger?

Post by gentlelamb »

My ex friend hurt me badly, very very badly. But I don't want to be mad about it anymore. I just want to let go of it and stop this toxic energy. If there are spells or excersises I can do to help with this please let me know because I can't go on like this. :anxious:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How to let go of anger?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Talk to your inner self and address why you responded with hurt to the situation. Were your expectations realistic? Were there other options you could have let yourself feel? Explore that a little.

Do this as a soft meditation, just quietly and gently sitting with yourself. maybe use some deep regular breaths to relax.

When you're done, take a warm shower with a nice, smelly soap and wash the negativity away. Then have some chocolate, or a favorite fruit to feed the new you.

You will probably always feel differently about that person in the future because your trust is bruised, but you will recover your center and self-confidence.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I find that the best way to deal with anger is to work through it and let it run its course, rather than to deny it. Usually anger is an emotion that means that something is off or unfair about a situation you're in -- it's really helpful for knowing when your boundaries have been crossed.

Here's my story. I've found that feeling angry protected me when I was in a horrible and toxic relationship with a family member, by letting me know that something was not right and I was being hurt. No matter how much I wanted to push it away or pretend I wasn't angry, it kept coming back -- in hindsight, I recognize it as a sign from my Deep Self or Goddess Self that I needed to do something about it. I continued to be angry until I managed to get myself out of that situation. Once I was in a safe and healthy point in my life, my anger was no longer a productive and healthy catalyst for change, and it changed to grief.

Are you still regularly interacting with your ex-friend? It's going to be hard to let go of that anger if you are still being hurt by them on a regular basis. I've found that often honoring your anger (listening to the messages it's trying to tell you), letting yourself feel your anger, and channeling it in productive ways (e.g. escaping a bad situation, venting it out through punching a pillow, writing, etc.) is far preferable to just trying to repress it.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

I find the only way to break a cycle of hatred is with love.

But, what is a cycle of hatred? It's the constant recurring experience as memory and your 'negative' response to it.

For example, when you think about your friend, you get mad. All you have to do is open your heart to your friend and accept her actions as they are, not as you wish they were, nor as what you percieve them to be (no motive, no reasons, just cause and effect).

Do this every time the thought of them makes you angry.

If you feel any outside emotions, send them down the front of your body and deep into the earth to ground them.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Anger usually boils down to hurt or fear.
Recently we have been examining the idea that everyone is doing the best they can with whatever tools (or lack therof) that they have.
Eveyone has given really good advice, in combination with all those ideas, you could do a small ritual of release or burn some bay leaves with words like,

I let go my of anger with ____/replacing it forgivness to myself.
I wish ____all they need in life/I wish love for myself.
I find peace in my heart towards ____.
I realize ____ was doing the best they could.
I accept I was doing the best I could.

Remember that time moves in strange ways when in the throws of anger. Breath, listen intently to the sounds around you with curosity but don't try to answer your curosity just realize it...don't answer it, dont judge it. Time will pass, you will heal and your boundaries will be strong.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

This is what I do when I need to get rid of negativity and anger. It helps me a lot, hopefully it'll do it for you too.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I exercise, clean like it's my absolute favorite thing to do, which it isn't and go for long walks. Doing something physical helps release the tension and negative energy.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
CaramelKitty

Post by CaramelKitty »

Working out and journaling, Never suppress anger- because eventually u will blow up. Always find activities where u can release .
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

As someone who used to suppress and repress his anger and rage from past trauma, I can speak from a place of certainty and experience when I say, DON’T DO IT! Don’t even consider it! It’s a terrible choice that leads you to push away and hurt the ones you should hold close and protect from all the hurts and harms of the world to the best of your ability.
Last edited by Firebird on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleverly, please fix the tapatalk advertisement
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

Sadly I've been doing this I feel this why my best friend pushed me away..
It's getting better.. I'm trying let anger go it's hard for me..
I hold onto it too long I know forgiveness is answer ..sigh..
She's going through alot in her life..
barker

Post by barker »

Anger is something to get through. It surges constantly thru you, then one day it's not there. The grass is greener, this time. Be exact about it, and mean yourself alone.
barker

Post by barker »

Joy, by the way, is that surging current - that's why anger is not the cause/effect here, ie a bloodbath. For example, Michael Jackson's singing turns despair into joy. Such transformation is the Divine reason, "I want." So it works, to want the best. I'm one for turning disgust into joy, like in the Donnie Darko song "Mad World."
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Try to understand why you are letting anger control you.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”