Circles

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
fatalism

Circles

Post by fatalism »

So I've been reading various ceremonial magick texts recently, and I was wondering how everyone confronts the somewhat daunting challenge of reproducing a circle 9 foot in diameter complete with serpents, hebrew characters, and various other symbols? Where do you draw it and with what do you draw it with (chalk? paint?) Also has anyone ever tinkered with reusable circles that you draw on a large piece of paper and pull out every time you try an evokation?

Or does everyone just cast these circles in the astral?

Thanks for the input.
"Nothing is True; Everything is Permitted"
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I have read similar things as well, but I just cast it. Definitely not 9 feet, maybe more like 4 is what I do.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Bstnactrs

Post by Bstnactrs »

I just cast mine as well - usually with my wand and only around myself & my altar.

Stasia
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

Well, though you are supposed to have a tangible circle, being as you work with chaos magic, you could cast it and get the same results. Normally people that actually make them paint them on big pieces of cloth. Might I also suggest using a simpler circle?
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Circles

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic

If I were following ceremonial magic practices I’d use a preprinted mandala bed cover and add symbols as desired with fabric paint. I prefer not to summon astral spirits or daemons or devas or tulpas. I’m more of the folk magic type.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”