Atheism & Witchcraft

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
jaybirdblue

Re: Atheism & Witchcraft

Post by jaybirdblue »

I actually read a bit of the satanic bible. Really enjoyed the "commandment" part. Very practical and actually really refreshing. In terms of your place now, I think the best place to start is to research the things that interest you. If you're interested in astrology, go look into it! It's a fun topic to get into.
And, yea, I think you can incorporate witchcraft into just about any belief system. I know some people don't believe in big G gods but believe in spirits and a pervasive cosmic energy. Just be aware that most atheists aren't going to call you an atheist. Most of them don't believe in anything spiritual and paranormal. And don't get me wrong, there isn't anything wrong with that, but you seem to be more interested in faith based things at this point in your life.
With that said, are you still interested in the mythology of satanism? Like, Lucifer as a rebel angel? Gotta love those rebels lol. Or are you more interested in starting with a blank slate? Either option is fine.
Also, be aware that a lot of witches get kind of uncomfortable with witchcraft mixed with satan worship. It's mostly just because witchcraft has been associated with demonic and satanic circles by Abrahamic religions as a way to derail and stigmatize the practice. "It's devil worship!" They say, even though a good chunk of us don't even believe in the big D judeo Christian Devil.
All I'm saying is be sensitive and aware of all that if you do keep on the satanic route. It's not bad, people just have a lot of trauma surrounding the association.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”