Weird blast of cold air hit me during meditation

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Weird blast of cold air hit me during meditation

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Hey guys
So I was meditating last Thursday counting my breaths to help me relax and so I didn't just get bored after a few mins first time I got some image in my head of a dusty old portrait of a female and the image looked to be old as it was black and white. So I was shocked out of me took a couple of minutes to calm down then tried again counted to around 60 and this time I got the image of looking at a wall paper woth a tree on it through a pipe almost. Again it distracted me and I had to calm myself down again as this is the first time I've ever received images during meditation. The third time I got a right blast of cold air in my face and I'm not going to lie it scared me and I woke up again. I closed my circle as I normally do. Afterwards I was told I had probably opened a portal so the next day when I felt braver I felt around the room and couldn't feel any cold spots at all so I'm sure it wasn't a portal I opened but it got me thinking. Is it possible that it was my grandma who died 7 years ago this year was trying to contact me?
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Re: Weird blast of cold air hit me during meditation

Post by Raven At Heart »

Anything is possible including opening a portal. Portals don't stay open for long after all, unless they are rooted. It could had also been an ancestor, like your grandma, or an elemental.
I'm a spiteful, hateful, venomous creature, a pupil with no scruples who's no better then my teacher. Also not actually a raven.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Thank you I'm not going to lie when I was told I had opened a portal I did freak out quite a bit as I had images in my head of demons or angry evil spirits trying to cross over. I didn't know portals don't stay open long
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

Also, not all portals are to a "darker" place. There are portals that can be open to the eternal sky, the world of spirit, the eternal garden, and so on. If you opened one subconsciously during meditation, odds are it was a place that's helpful not harmful. There are more realms, planes, or whatever you want to call them, then people could ever see. No real reason to worry unless you felt a direct malevolence or hatred. And that sounds nothing like what you described. It sounded more playful. Like, Hi, I'm here, notice me. Infact it almost sounds like a Borean(icy wind elemental.) For the most part they tend to be as curious of you as you would be of them. They don't usually stay for long either.
I'm a spiteful, hateful, venomous creature, a pupil with no scruples who's no better then my teacher. Also not actually a raven.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Ah thanks well atleast I will know that now for future reference.
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

Well, if I was in some way rude, I apologize. I hope not, I have a bad habit of saying things with no tact. I'm just saying, you need not fear it. Typically in my experience, what people would call a fiend or evil spirit, has a massive emotional effect causing malice or hatred, or rage. If you ever do encounter one of those, just use a cleansing spell. an easy 1 is to draw a pentacle with your index and middle finger, while visualizing the connecting lines, and say in your head, "purify and protect me and this area."
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

That's fine I didn't take offence. I will be honest it scared me off from meditating but it has now got me wondering if maybe I have let some silly stuff a ex boyfriend told me get to me way more than I thought.
I think i will try meditating and acknowledge it's presence if it happens and if it feels evil il just try invoking the angel Michael
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

Remember, if you contact it while meditating, it is most likely there to help you not hurt you. Be vigilant but don't be afraid.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Thank you. Any idea how it would try to help me for example?
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

Well if it is an ancestor it probably came to give you advice from wisdom. if it is a Borean, it is probably saying your connected to a similar element, or might even be similar in duty to a totem or guardian angel, or spirit guide. Which means it's very purpose there would be to keep you safe. To find out you would need to try to communicate. use your intuition more then your logical head for communication.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Thank you it also just occurred to me that it probably wasn't intent on harming me as I had cast a circle before hand and stated only positive energies may enter.
I just did a quick meditation just to show myself that I can't let my fear win. Nothing happened apart from the door creaking but that's probably due to the windows being open more than anything supernatural.
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

That is also a good sign it was not malign. I wish you the best of luck in your meditation and pursuit of your personal craft. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”