How do you view the Gods or Goddesses?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
kcdragonman2000

How do you view the Gods or Goddesses?

Post by kcdragonman2000 »

Me personally I don't see deities like others, coming from an agnostic background. I see Mother Nature as being a personified form of, well nature. It's easier for me to connect with a person than all of nature, and in my mind all of nature is living and breathing, it can even talk, just not like you and I. I've personally dedicated myself to the Goddess Arianrhod- Celtic Goddess of the Silver Wheel. The reason being her connection to the moon. From a very young age I always felt this connection to the moon,as if it were a motherly figure, so it only makes sense that I look to "Her" for guidance and comfort. I do believe there is a possibility of real Gods or Goddesses like the traditional religions teaches, but i see mine as being forces we as humans could never possibly come to fully understand. I know not what is the truth, but to me, a deity is the energy around all of us that we can't see, but we can feel as if it were a human presence, with a personality, feeling, and a mind. Sorry for the lengthy explanation, but now I'd like to hear your opinions.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How do you view the Gods or Goddesses?

Post by SpiritTalker »

That's pretty similar to my concept. It gets expressed so many ways. I think of the old phrase "all gods are one god, all goddesses are one goddess, and there is but one initiator" and another way I think of deity is that all of us together are The One knowing itself as the Many. And that's Nature too.

However, when relating, and having those personal, in your face experiences, Deity becomes sacred presence, manifesting in conscious and relevant ways. I can't rule out any concepts. There is always more than I can get my head 'round.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”