Feeling Blocked Off

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
HazelWolffe

Feeling Blocked Off

Post by HazelWolffe »

I'm a recently self-discovered Natural Born Witch... finally learning to accept the path and embrace it with pride.

Before my depression became severe, I would dream visions and during meditation I would hear voices or spirits...Feel light and energy...

However for the past few years I haven't really had any dreams, nor do I feel any spirits or energy... I feel a little bit radiate from some of my favorite totems. But that's about all.

What would be some ways to reconnect with spirits/energy and find some peace? It's driving me absolutely crazy not being able to envision anything. Especially now that I'm walking this path, I'm eagerly wanting to try and find my main Diety. I know there are people out there that wait years to find their God/Goddess. I know of a few I am interested in working with, but I just don't feel a connection as of lately...

I occasionally meditate, and I'm constantly working on my Altar.
If anyone has any advice or recommendations or any other stories about how they may have felt spiritually 'stuck' please post about it here. I'm just frustrated feeling like I'm in this emotional crevice.
corvidus

Re: Feeling Blocked Off

Post by corvidus »

How regularly do you practice meditation currently?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi HazelWolfe, I have depression too...quite a few people here also mention it. Somehow it leaves us scattered. I have found reconnecting starts with a good nature-cleanse physically, psychically and spiritually, then chakra realignment.

Nature provides some wonderful assistance. Visiting a natural outdoors location with running water and trees clears out the emotional and psychic soot and grit of depression. Sit or stand with your feet in the water. Stay put and close your eyes for at least three minutes. It takes that long for the brain to down shift into an alpha state, according to Lori Cabot. Breath in and out deeply, fully exhaling and inhaling several times. Get grounded.

Do an aura cleanse. Join the palms together at chest level as you breath in, then palms together, raise your hands straight up overhead. Then turn your palms outward, exhale and sweep your hands down through your aura like combing it out. Breath and repeat until your aura feels lighter. It's a little like an exaggerated breast stroke while swimming.

Chakra realignment: Start at the lowest chakra with palms held facing inward. It's color is red. See the colors if you can, but don't worry if you don't. Sense the heat, then move to the next, orange, and feel the heat. Keep moving your hands up to the next after you feel the heat, yellow, green, turquoise, indigo, purple, white. Then close down each in reverse order, moving palms downward and pausing just long enough at each chakra to softly close a door. This way you won't get spacey.

Then when you're ready to meditate later, start with the realignment. And again, don't worry if you don't see color, or even feel anything. That's not important to the exercise. It does not need to take a long time of heavy focussing effort to work. It just does as you think it.
HazelWolffe

Post by HazelWolffe »

corvidus wrote:How regularly do you practice meditation currently?
I try at least weekly as it's just difficult for me to try and sit and focus lately without crying for no reason. But if I'm lucky, I can settle for at least 10 solid minutes.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

10 minutes once a week?
HazelWolffe

Post by HazelWolffe »

Successfully, yes. I probably sit down 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes each time [as I'm trying to get back into the habit].
But usually only 1 of those times are successful.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”