What does an owl in your dreams mean?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
gentlelamb

What does an owl in your dreams mean?

Post by gentlelamb »

For a couple nights now I've had this reoccurring part in my dreams where this owl walks around this tiny carved out path in the dirt around this one tree and then stares at me. This was a weird looking tree, because I know my trees and this didn't look like anything familiar. It had the body of a common maple, covered in moss though, and had the leaves and branches of a willow. But the leaves were a lot more vibrant green. It's really weird cuz this owl just stares at me. And I know its a sign of something I just don't know what of yet. I work with Hecate and tonight when I did an offering I fliped a coin as a form of divination for a yes or no answer. I don't always get the right answer because you know that's not a fool proof method. I asked her/it/the coin/etc., if the owl was her handy work so to speak. And I flipped it, grabbed it, turned it over and looked at it and it was heads for yes. Idk about any of this but I'd appreciate some help
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What does an owl in your dreams mean?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I agree the dream is giving you a message to figure out. The carved out path circling a tree...could be a symbol of ritual, as witches dancing around a tree is an old practice. Was the owl walking deosil or widdershins? That might give a hint of the type of ritual. At what position in the circle does the owl stop, I.e., N-E-S-W? Both maple & willow are magical woods. Research magical associations and see what comes to you. What is the association of an owl to Hekete, if any? Just pick your dream apart, list and research the symbols.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Does it go around the tree more than once?
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
gentlelamb

Post by gentlelamb »

No, it goes around once, looks at me, then flies away
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

Oh, sorry it took me so long to get back on the forum,been somewhat busy. An owl can mean a few things. Do you know what kind of owl it is? General meanings of owls, go meditate in a dark quiet place and something hidden will become clear to you, or someone close to you might be deceiving you and Ms. owl is telling you to look beyond the guises they put up. It could just mean rely more on your intuition for the next while to come. It could also mean watch for omens, but above all, it means observe the people and things around you calmly and perceptively. something is happening that you need to be aware of, and the onluy way to do this, is to quietly but perceptively observe.
I'm a spiteful, hateful, venomous creature, a pupil with no scruples who's no better then my teacher. Also not actually a raven.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

The willow is Hecate's tree and the owl her messenger. The owl takes a journey around Hecate and then stops, stares at you and then takes flight. The path represents your spiritual journey.

Since owls have such good vision (night hunters), the owl sees your truest self, and the owl taking flight could mean a change is coming. The start of something new. :fairy:

Whatever she has in store for you, trust your intuition. You will have the answer within.

Hope that helps.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
ShamanicSoul

Post by ShamanicSoul »

From my understanding, owls typically are a symbol of "that which is hidden" or beyond the veil...They're a powerful symbol for magic and intuition. Typically when an owl appears to me whether in person or in a dream, it is a message to me that I am experiencing or about to experience a period of heightened intuition and sensitivity to unseen realms.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Owls are messengers of death. They're also symbols of the underworld, sex, spirits, Lilith, witches, vampires, Hekate, and the gods of death that send them to people.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”