Healing/protection talisman

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Fae

Healing/protection talisman

Post by Fae »

Hi all,

I'm not entirely sure where this belongs, but I thought crafts may be a good place to start.

A friend of mine has a high risk, high stress job which gets to him sometimes, coupled with PTSD and other emotional traumas from the past(he is in therapy, and I've explained to him that magic is not a cure all) . We're very close, and he's indicated that he wants to know more about magic and how things work. As a gift for him I bought a charm that is meaningful to both of us and the correspondent to one that I wear.

I'm not even sure if talisman is the right term as I've never really charged an object for anyone else before, but my intent is for him to be able to wear it when he feels he needs some extra protection or sense of healing after a brutal day. I did some reading on other sites and have come up with an incantation to use, either on the night if the new moon or full moon. I've left the necklace to charge in sun and moonlight, and plan on adding a few herbs for added measure aside from just my mental intent (lavender for luck and relaxation, olive leaf for Athena s protection for a warrior, oak leaves for strength), but I'm still undecided on the actual healing component.

Has anyone here charged an object like this for a loved one? I'm assuming it will need to be recharged at some point if he wants it to be, and I would essentially repeat the process over. Anyone have any insight or experiences they'd like to share with someone new to this "crafting" part of witchcraft?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: healing/protection talisman

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi. I don't have personal experience charging talismans for others, just for my own use. Cleansing is a must, then programming it with it's single, not multiple, purpose and then empowering it. I would think anyone in a high stress job, especially like search & rescue, or handling explosives, or dealing with violent people should be very aware of their energy field and personal shielding. Cleansing the field in a shower with a salt-based soap or vinegar should help remove cooties. You can light-comb your friend's aura with your charged hands.

Periods of the full moon are noted for increases of crime and discordant behaviors that can be off set with shielding. Stones like selenite, citrine and shungite cleanse constantly, and shungite generates healing. Your friend can benefit from purposeful centering practices, to pull his awareness into his solar plexus area, then generate a shield outward by imagining his aura as reflective light. These exercises are done gently, and gradually built up.

Mint is a good, all-purpose cleansing herb, and garlic gets rid of sticky astral critters. Sage of course clears and blesses. Flowing water cleanses and resets the energy field.
Fae

Re: Healing/protection talisman

Post by Fae »

Thank you so much Spirit Talker for your insight, and I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you, life has been crazy!

I ended up using your suggestion of running water for cleansing the charm which was perfect, since he is a water sign and relates almost completely with that element. I smudged myself and my space with sage as well.

As for the intent, I separated it into two objects, and I'm slightly embarrassed that I hadn't thought I'd end up with a mess on my hands if I tried putting forth too much. I used the necklace for protection, and ended up getting a gemstone - so embarrassed again I can't remember the name off the top of my head, that is supposed to be good for inner healing, and charged that with further healing intent.

I appreciate all of your suggestions and the time you took to write it all out for me. Thanks again!

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”