Has anyone heard of this?

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
Moon_Stone

Has anyone heard of this?

Post by Moon_Stone »

So, I got a solicitation recently in the mail to join PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). Having been very active in the animal rights movement as a teenager, I was intrigued and considered joining.
Of course, my husband who has an answer for everything tells me that he has read that PETA actually kills more animals than it saves. He sent me this link...
http://www.petakillsanimals.com

...Other than the very obvious cover story about the PETA employees under heavy legal fire for their "independent" actions, the "proof" of his statement is shown here: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/petaKillsAnimals.cfm (*Under the graph there's a link to a .pdf file that says "» skeptical? click here to see the proof").

Does anyone know anything about this?

~Moonstone
Elem

Post by Elem »

I'd not heard anything about it before you posted that link, but it hardly surprises me. Many animal shelters turn to euthanasia when they can't find homes for animals - Often seeing it as the 'most humane way' of driving down animal overpopulation.

Still, I'd take what that website has to say with a rather healthy pinch of salt. After some research, I found that the guy who runs that company is doing it for his profit (again, it hardly surprises me). Here's one of the links I found: http://www.animalrightsmalta.com/killsanimals.html

IMHO, they're probably both as bad as each other. Both spinning tales of death, destruction, horrible atrocities.. By using very subjective research, and only publishing the numbers / details that are most likely to 'shock' and promote fear.

At the end of the day.. It's how they make their money, and guarantee continued support *shrug*.

I've, personally, just given up. There comes a time when you get sick of being told that everything you eat / drink causes cancer and health problems, and that everything you do is contributing to destroying the rainforests, or killing innocent people. I'm a person who's concious about my health and eats sensibly, who conserves power and water where I can, and recycles where possible.. And as for the rest of the nonsense we're fed every day? Like I say, I've given up. I try my best, and that's the best I can do.

Elem
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Very well put, Elem. And I completely agree. After perusing these articles and reading all this business, I'm left feeling just as sickened as I was to learn of animal abuse and testing in the first place.

It really just seems that there is always an alterior motive... using these "good deeds" as a smokescreen to make a profit.

There is so much more to say, but I feel I'm at a loss for words.

~BB~

Return to “News/Articles”