Rewrite this rule?

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Bychan Wulf

Re: Rewrite this rule?

Post by Bychan Wulf »

It doesen't look/sound like poorly written....more like poorly understood. And it shows how quickly people get offended and hurt for nothing :-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

I couldn't say what the original author was thinking as I wasn't around for this. But it was handled then and isn't really an issue now, as far as I know. :P
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

People will likely read the thread and get a chuckle.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

For any miss understanding, I always say - Don't tell them their crazy, ask what they mean. Seems with such a multi-lingual, multi-cultural, non-phobic, much caring bunch of generally card carrying group of optimists we should just tell the
occasional person who chooses to tackle any language problem in a negative manner ( rather than starting healthy dialogue) to translate this saying into the language of our choice and have it mean the same filthy statement they will think it is. If a centipede a pint, and a quadruped a quart, what would a precipice. I vote for Icelandic for the language or possibly Navajo.
autumn swan

Post by autumn swan »

It's one thing to get 'hurt for nothing' and another to point out insensitive formulations. I think it would be nice when it could be changed, too. It won't put off anyone, I hope, but it does leave a frown/question mark in your mind.

That was my two cents from the other side of the Ocean. :evilwitch:
May the Lord and the Lady bless you.

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”