To Honor Plant Spirits at Previous Home?

Sakura Blossom

To Honor Plant Spirits at Previous Home?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Hello, all! I'm hoping for some suggestions. My family just recently sold the house that we've lived in for eleven years and while I don't live there anymore (I've been on my own for two years), I felt a strong sense of sadness when I returned to that house for the last time because I'd connected with the spirits of the trees in our backyard. I work with the fae as well and feel as though the ones that linger around our yard were saddened by the news of our departure.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how I could honor them and express gratitude for the connection we had because I won't be able to visit anymore? It's hard to try and figure out something without being able to physically visit there.

Any suggestions you'd have would be wonderful! :D
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
TwilightDancer

Re: To Honor Plant Spirits at Previous Home?

Post by TwilightDancer »

I think the best way to honor them would be to spend time with the ones you currently live near. Build new connections.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you! I'll have to try that then. :)
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Yex

Post by Yex »

I've had similar experiences of the poignancy of change when saying farewell to old nature spirits. My way of saying goodbye is to leave offerings (usually tobacco) smudge, and generally just spend some final moments with the plants and even literally say "goodbye". However, since you say that you have already visited for the last time, that ship has sort of sailed. You could remotely do some sort of ritual/make some sort of offering, I suppose, but I think I'm going to echo TwilightDancer and say that the best thing to do is start making new connections with the land that you're on. A fundamental element of our relationship to the land is our movement through it, and we must ever embrace our current surroundings if we wish to truly feel a connection to nature. (Hopefully that makes sense; it does to me, sort of).

Something you may find that I myself have found in my workings with fae is that as you move to new places, some of the fae associated with the old locale will stick to you, so to speak, and continue on with you on your journey. Incidentally, I first learned this in the Peruvian Amazon, during an ayahuasca ceremony. After having walked around a lot in the jungle, one night, during the ceremony, I noticed the presence of some local faeries (they looked to me kind of like the Indigenous South American version of hobbits). After the ceremony, I mentioned it to a shaman-in-training, and he told me that beings like them sometimes get stuck to us and like to follow us on our adventures. Over the years, I've found this assertion to hold up.
love is the whole and more than all

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”