How Do I Atone for the Love Spell Mistakes I've Made?

Questions and posts about love spells.
butterfly79

How Do I Atone for the Love Spell Mistakes I've Made?

Post by butterfly79 »

Hi all. I'm new here today. I've been into wicca since I was just a child really. As a youngster I was always fascinated by the paranormal, and my dad being psychic, he passed the gift onto me. So anyhow, about eight years ago, when I was 29 years old and really should have known better, I cast a love spell which went wrong. It backfired. Badly.

I am ashamed of myself because I know now that I did not prepare properly for the spell and did not cast a circle correctly before doing it. Long story short, I did end up with a man not long after casting but the relationship was difficult to say the least, and he was abusive and extremely dangerous to the point where me and my children had to go stay in a women's shelter.

My worry/question is this: did I endanger myself and or upset the elements by not casting properly? The bloke I bought the spell from was a good friend and he suggested that as I did not wash myself or cast circle properly beforehand then I may have offended the elements resulting in my own problems.

Could this be the case? How do I atone for my mistakes? How do I make amends and apologize to the elements? I hate to think I've upset them in anyway.It really distresses me as I'm a very spiritual person. Any advice much appreciated.

Love and light
Xxxx
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How Do I Atone for the Love Spell Mistakes I've Made?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm saddened for you over your situation & I applaud your decision to leave the abuser. Go girl! I assume the shelter provided counseling, if desired, and legal advise.

Now to your question...

The "friend" you purchased the spell from may be speaking of his own folk magic ways, or giving a layman's explanation, or just excuses.

Many witches and non-witches don't bother to bathe or cast circles for spell work and suffer no side effects. Their spells succeed. And a sloppily formed circle is only an offense to the skill of the caster. Nature can handle it. Preparing the mind for spell casting is the point. A spell caster's state of mind and emotion that are put into a spell set the stage for what is received. A desperate mind-set creates a desperate condition in which to enact the outcome. We atone for our mistakes by learning from them and not repeating them. We don't tell the Universal Energies we're sorry. We say thanks for the lesson and do better.

Wishing you strength and peace.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BIye98Ryic

Forget mistakes of the past. Learn the lessons and grow in wisdom. I agree with the take SpiritTalker expressed regarding your friend. And who's to say with or without having done spell work you still would have met the same man, had the same relationship, which would have ended the same way? My suspicion is, as is often the case with many love spell casters, you had red flags in front of you that you just didn't want to see, both within the guy, and within yourself. That's OK. If nothing else, magic is good for bringing to light that which was hidden so that, often...

The question isn't did we cast the spell perfectly. The question is, what did we learn about ourselves, and the world around us, from casting it?

At this point in life, I suggest you consider just saying, "Well, now I know," and move on. I think that guilt-based concepts like "ashamed," "upset/offended the elements," "atone," "make amends," etc. play a huge part in many religions such as Christianity, especially Catholicism. That's their jargon, their parlance. However, I found it futile to follow such an age-old, condemnatory blueprint, which I think has been played out on this planet for far too long. I would say that the Goddess Path is much more expansive than that, and I hope you stay with it long enough to see that aspect of it, its expansiveness, but more importantly, your own.

Focus on the beauty of the present. Hey, you have some lovely kids now, some little people, isn't that great! :wink: Focus on making them the best people they could be. Educate them to be smart, to respect themselves so that they respond appropriately to the red flags that will inevitably present themselves (it's unavoidable on this planet!). Help them sidestep the riff raff so that they go on to find healthy relationships with people who truly love them. And they too may have pronounced psychic abilities like you, so be the best role model you can be on how to live a balanced life. Start by loving and forgiving yourself. They will learn to do that to themselves, and to others, because...

Isn't self-love the real spell we need to cast, and doesn't learning to do so, properly, seem to elude us at times, and be a lifelong process?

Meanwhile, enjoy and cultivate your psychic abilities. I hope this message board helps with that. Read through the forums, ask questions, make some friends. You started this life as a mystical, magical child, and she's still walking and talking within you. She is still casting her magic best she knows how, making mistakes along the way (an important part of growth). Let her continue to learn and grow, while she has time in this Earth Walk. She's wiser now, has been through rough times, but her wounds only serve to make her all the more compassionate toward others, and all the more beautiful.

The best.

SpiritTalker wrote: We atone for our mistakes by learning from them and not repeating them. We don't tell the Universal Energies we're sorry. We say thanks for the lesson and do better.
That.

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

And by the way, I've heard of people charging for their time and services as spell casters, or as psychic readers, but I must say I've never heard of anyone selling a spell itself. That was totally new to me.

Is this a common practice in your area? And may I ask what region you are from, and how much your friend charged for his spell, and is that a common rate for a spell in that area?

If that is a common practice there I understand, and I am not condemning it. It is just a new concept to me, is all. I'm just trying to learn a new thing.

Thanks.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

@Kassandra- I'm sure you know that almost every new age shop sells pre-packaged spell kits like money spells, court-case, love, healing, and get-even with the slob spells. The catalogs say you'll get a baggie of herbs, a vial of bubble bath and smelly oil, some candles and a sheet of instructions in print so small you need a magnifying glass to make it out. $7 worth of goods for $20...or more. The ease & convenience sells the idea. Private workers probably do the same with a bit more glitz and "fix" or pre-charge the candles, especially with the larger jar candles. I'm guessing this is the type of spell our OP had bought.
butterfly79

Post by butterfly79 »

Hi there and thankyou both very much
Spirit Talker and Kassandra
Your responses were both enlightening and reassuring. Thank you both xxxx
I was brought up as a catholic and yes words like atone and forgiveness feature a lot there. So much guilt I carry around.
Anyhow again thank you both so much.
I did buy the spell from a new age shop.
I havnt been there for a while.
I'm going to get back into magic again. I guess I just needed guidance.
Thanks and much love
Xxxx
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

You're welcome, glad it helped. Many people make a good transition from Catholicism to paganism, however, so you're in luck. Most Christian rites and rituals are actually pagan in origin, given a Christian re-working. So, you really don't have to change much.

Ha, a spell kit, I get it now. I was envisioning some super secret, specially-created spell, written with magical ink on old parchment, that the guy charged you several hundred dollars for, or something. I don't know what I was thinking. Yes, I am familiar with spell kits. Nothing wrong with them really, in my opinion.

Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

First of all
Good on you for leaving that abusive relationship
Now onto the love spell
I doubt not bathing or how you cast the circle would offend the elements. Just learn from your mistakes I've had a spell i cast once go wrong too (in my case it was a money spell instead of gettong money i had random people in the street asking mefor money).
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

SpiritTalker...
Awesome advise, couldn't have said it better myself :)

Butterfly79...
Nice to see a new face here, of coarse I really need
to get to here more often :oops:
I hope, granted you are probably not even thinking
about someone else yet but...let nature take its
coarse and the right one comes along when its
necessary to show up ?
Glad this experience hasn't made you shy away if
even for a short-short ! I believe in my opinion,
your state of mind while working said spell may
have been the problem, either that or some decoy
showed up first ?

Kassandra...
Good advice about "just say thanks for the lesson" :)
I know none of us are perfect, we all screw up now and then
the trick is to learn from them :fairy:

Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “Love Spells”