Offerings for Gods of Music/Poetry

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
HazelWolffe

Offerings for Gods of Music/Poetry

Post by HazelWolffe »

Recently I ordered myself a Hurdy Gurdy/Wheel Fiddle... I won't be receiving it until about mid-February.

But long story short, I'm interested in appealing to Bragi to gain knowledge and the skill to play it. But I was wondering, what would one offer a Deity of Music?

What has everyone else offered?
corvidus

Re: Offerings for Gods of Music/Poetry

Post by corvidus »

I posted a little ritual I participated in a while ago. We did it as a sort of offering to the spirits of the heavens and earth.

Ritual for Fox, Grim Love

Based on this experience, I would suggest these things:

Before each practice session, invoke your higher self. Your higher self will be able to understand the subtle complexities working behind the scenes. It is as simple as saying out loud: "I invoke my higher Self, who knows and understands the complexities hidden in the language of music!"

Next, dedicate your practice session to the spirit you'd like to learn from by stating your intent toward the spirit (such as, I'd like to learn these scales, or I'd like to learn these songs today).

Any good teacher knows that the most valuable thing is a student open and willing to learn, and also to dedicate the many, many hours of patient and tedious work towards the goal ;)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I had to look up this instrument, as I believe my reading your post was the first time I ever heard of this instrument (video below for others, who like me, never heard of it before)..

Well, HazelWolffe, I suppose if you make a simple altar to this god it would create an energetic connection. One can't go wrong with the basics of a candle or two, incense and a little picture of the deity, for starters at least.

Maybe let your offering be the beauty of your music, and the joy you feel playing it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4y7HNW972M
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ummm corvidus...the "zine" you spoke of, is that short for magazine?

@ Kassandra. ..the video is not working.
I bet you remember this...You've heard the word, I'm sure of it!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dHV8Wzldlck
This instrument is something I personally have wanted to learn from some time.
It's funny Donovan sings about it yet I don't believe one is played in the song!
Faun unplugged check out the hurdy gurdy close up! :mrgreen:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8mty9TEmdfc
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”