Hi

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Hi

Post by Mr Crowley »

I'm a single man, late 50's, and a US resident who lives in the east. I do lots of typical guy-stuff, a textbook stereotype, except for sports, not even a spectator. I have had a cat for about a year. Just because I like cats doesn't mean I wanted a cat. Even so, what I want, and what I have are, often, different subjects. He's a retired predator that earned his own living for 8 years. This was his first flea-free summer, he wants no part of outside, and he stays away from open doors. And he jumped on the house-cat deal with all 4 paws, especially the sleep-in-bed and lap-cat part. He helps me type, but he's isn't good at it. Maybe he'll get better with time.

I've lurked at this board for about 10 years, maybe longer, indicating that I'm solitary, so solo that no one knows. As a private person, I find it difficult to 'tell all about me.' I will, however, say that I don't practice religion, and it has been a lifelong path. If this is all I wish to disclose why, after 10+ years of lurking, did I join? To see what it feels like. First, you jump in; then, you start swimming.

All questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome. As for questions, I may not be able to answer some questions, but the worst-case scenario would be no reply. On my side, if I have questions, comments, or suggestions I'll post.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi

Post by Firebird »

Hey there! Good to meet you :D
Glad you finally decided to jump in, it's how I learned to swim smiley_dance
So you've been here longer than most of us!
Come on in and mosey around, we won't bite.
Many Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I was hanging around the forum for quite some time before joining as well. I hope you enjoy it here!
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi. My I-pad is balanced on my cat, who is sprawled on my lap. Welcome.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Welcome to the forum, officially! :fairy:

Hope to see you around.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Yes, the cat-in-the-lap. He's not a big fan of piling stuff on him, but he's become more tolerant because if he wants to live in my lap, he'll have to get used to it.

Firebirdflys has multiple images because the Firebirdflys. And your Firebird(flys) has always piqued my curiosity through the years. I know Firebird by its Phoenix from the flame/Native American standing very well. Naturally, I clicked den-of-the-Firebird link a long time ago.

Is there anything else about Firebird that you wish to share?
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Welcome Mr Crowley! So glad you've said hello and introduced yourself. Would love to see your cat and hear more from you!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Welcome to both you and the cat.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Request for cat picture fulfilled:

I tried to get a full shot of whiskers because they have become ridiculously long, growing almost double-length since he was dumped-off on me.
Attachments
1.JPG
greyviolet

Post by greyviolet »

Hello Mr. Crowley, that's quite a handsome gentleman there, and some spectacular whiskers. He looks like he knows he's handsome.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Love the pic! Thanks!
LifeAuras

Post by LifeAuras »

Hello
I was impressed by how long it took you to jump in so I decided to welcome you it seems like a good time for it. LIke I said Impressed... sigh .. Welcome. 10 years... and I thought I was calm and always taking the high road...impressed.
It's what it is
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Thanks everyone. I have lurked for longer, possibly just after Starwitch started the board. I was beating the net pretty hard back then, but I ran into too much charmed and vampire slayer for me. I do recall, however, that it was around 2006-07 when the 'local gatherings' snubbed my emails; I was lurking here back then, so I went with a hard number.
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

I saw the cat and thought, "Oh my word--the fur around his mouth looks just like a crescent moon!"
That's adorable!
Welcome to the forums, enjoy your flight! :flyingwitch:
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Mr Crowley wrote:I do lots of typical guy-stuff, a textbook stereotype, except for sports, not even a spectator.

Hmmm screwdriver and hammer stuff?

Here in Europe I say men after age 45 have three things: screwdriver and hammer stuff in the shed, can of beer and soccer's Champions League in tv, lattest prolly not the case.

I think us men can be read in 3 days:
1st day woman discovers he likes to drink
2nd day she discovers he likes some sport
3rd day she discovers he has some stupid hobby such as gluing models of boats and planes from pvc.

In our case stupid hobby would be occult, I have bit of sports and you have bit of screwdriver n' hammer :wink:

Mr Crowley wrote:He's a retired predator that earned his own living for 8 years. This was his first flea-free summer, he wants no part of outside, and he stays away from open doors. And he jumped on the house-cat deal with all 4 paws
Took me 2nd attempt to look more deeply into this cat and I think is a totally cool cat, by shape and gaze and colors too.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”