Learn from all things around

Post your poems here. If you post a poem by another author, which is fine, please give the author's name if you know it.
Bychan Wulf

Learn from all things around

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I learned this poem by heart, in my native language;to me it's like a second Wiccan Rede. As soon as I found the English version,I thought it would fit here.
:-)
(From the Norwegian folklore)
Learn from all things around:

From rivers you should learn to keep a steady path,
From fire then you learn that everything is dust;
From shadow you can learn to keep a silent wait
And from the mountains learn the trust and solid faith From our Sun you'd learn how to end up your day,
The stones will also teach you how much you have to say And playful winds caressing the flowers, trees and grass Will teach you to walk gently along your worldly paths. Make all the world you Master and learn with eager start, Thus, peaceful be your journey from birth to death through heart!
From worms you'd also learn that nobody's forgotten
And the white lilies teach you how to be clean and proper;
You'd learn from flames to burn and start again from scrap
And rivers will then teach you to never back a step;
The silent night will teach you to never brag or boast,
The cliff will teach endurance before the heavy storms The mighty Sun will show you how to end up your road And all the stars remind you of those who left our world; From crickets learn to sing when you have lost your spark And the bright Moon will teach you the courage in the dark;
When you feel heavy shoulders, the eagles teach the ease
From crickets learn to sing when you have lost your spark And the bright Moon will teach you the courage in the dark;
When you feel heavy shoulders, the eagles teach the ease
Then, go to see the ants, while carrying heavy leaves. Lean gentleness from flowers and humbleness from sheep,
Wake up with their kindness and go with it to sleep;
Then learn from all the birds to spread your wings and fly But keep them all your teachers until the day you die. Beware son of humans, during your earthly strife,
Learn well from all that's mortal, to earn eternal life.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Learn from all things around

Post by SnowCat »

Thank you for sharing that.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I like the whole concept of learning from the wind, stones, rivers and the sun, but also from the ways of animals, insects, birds. They survive and thrive.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Even if I teach we are still learning from the universe together. You are not learning from me, for I have learned from the universe. It is just my joy to pass it on.

Return to “Poetry”