Oregano!

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
wolfgirl96

Oregano!

Post by wolfgirl96 »

So we've had a quite wonderful herb garden in my yard for a few years, and we have had a very large harvest of oregano every year! So I have a lot... I wanted to ask you guys what some magical uses of oregano are, other than just putting it into yummy homemade sauces ^^
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Oregano!

Post by SpiritTalker »

I infused oregano in olive oil and use it as an anti fungal treatment on my toes. My feet had resembled something out of Tales from the Crypt before trying it. From this I figure oregano has repellent and banishing properties,especially against those who take advantage or try to live off the sweat of your brow, or toes, as the case may be. Sprinkle some leaves with salt in such person's footsteps to keep them from coming back.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I don't know magical or medicinal uses for oregano but I would love to learn so in following this thread. I do know that if grown in your vegetable garden bed, oregano can spread across the soil and provide shade to the soil, which can trap the moisture and help keep your plants from drying out. Can't wait to see other suggestions!

Rosie
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ha! I just looked up oregano's properties on "Herb-Magic.com" and they say to use it to keep away troublesome or meddling individuals, and the law, and that it's a protective herb and some people wouldn't be without oregano when holding private meetings. (would that be Mafia?)
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hahahaha, yes the mafia probably had hanging pots full of oregano in their offices! I have some meddling individuals I have to deal with at work. I wonder what the best way to utilize the prevents powers would be at work?

Rosie
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Air freshening mist, or pizza.
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

I know it is a strong protective herb and associated with Venus. It can also be put in a sachet and placed under the pillow to promote psychic dreaming.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Seeing as it is a protective herb, I'd sprinkle some around the perimeter of my house or even add some to a witch ball/bottle to hang at my front door. You could also add it to bundles of smudging sticks and even burn some on a charcoal disc (I would personally dry it first though).
CoNiGMa

Post by CoNiGMa »

Magickal Uses: Joy, strength, vitality, added energy, happiness, tranquility, luck, health, protection, letting go of a loved one, deepening an existing love

Sources:
http://www.themagickalcat.com/Articles.asp?ID=242
http://www.witchipedia.com/herb:oregano

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”