Abilities dulled by meds

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
WiccanWitch

Abilities dulled by meds

Post by WiccanWitch »

I can't pretend I was ever well tuned on any psychic abilities but I had been able to sense emotions (empath), astral project but not on command, etc. this last samhain I tried to use various methods of divination and not only could I get nothing out of any of them even the pendulum froze. It was not MY pendulum but I've never had one freeze on me before. I've been on anti-depressants for a long time, but using other meds as well like Seroquel and Clonazepam more and find that I have very little empathic abilities and I sense almost NOTHING. Another person I know who is also on heavy meds had similar problems.

Anyone else experience this? How do you balance your spiritual "feelers" with emotional stability?
corvidus

Re: Abilities dulled by meds

Post by corvidus »

Coming to terms with, and moving on from past events :)

Stability exists in the "now" when you take that deep breath and release.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The psi senses are subtle, but always present. I've been on anti-D. Meds that seemed to fog my Spidey senses...so, I looked to the denser senses to fill in. The areas where I used to psychically feel with got moved around to a lower location. That might be using different chakras, but I don't know. I just feel it in a different place.

The pendulum-lock is also familiar. it's like a short circuit. The pin is firing but the receiver has wandered off knitting socks somewhere. I froze up with sonar pings and no echo. it took several tries & breathing.
searching4truth

Post by searching4truth »

WiccanWitch wrote:I can't pretend I was ever well tuned on any psychic abilities but I had been able to sense emotions (empath), astral project but not on command, etc. this last samhain I tried to use various methods of divination and not only could I get nothing out of any of them even the pendulum froze. It was not MY pendulum but I've never had one freeze on me before. I've been on anti-depressants for a long time, but using other meds as well like Seroquel and Clonazepam more and find that I have very little empathic abilities and I sense almost NOTHING. Another person I know who is also on heavy meds had similar problems.

Anyone else experience this? How do you balance your spiritual "feelers" with emotional stability?
I started a detox a month ago from methadone and adderall after a vivid dream telling me I needed too to see fully. It's been the best and worst experience. I spent the first week in misery. The next two weeks feeling great and the last week feeling like I'm dying. If you feel called to quit meds maybe find a shaman/witch who can help you with herbal medicine that is how I got through first few weeks.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

I started a detox a month ago from methadone and adderall after a vivid dream telling me I needed too to see fully. It's been the best and worst experience. I spent the first week in misery. The next two weeks feeling great and the last week feeling like I'm dying. If you feel called to quit meds maybe find a shaman/witch who can help you with herbal medicine that is how I got through first few weeks.[/quote]

I have pretty much accepted that if I want to come off one of these meds I'd need to do it in a controlled environment. The few times I've attempted to taper or reduce or even change the med I've had major meltdowns. One resulted in me trying to kill myself, giving it a pretty good go. So I will not attempt that myself. I just wish I didn't feel so suppressed.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I've been on medication for about a year now and I felt a similar sensation. Everything was dulled, any empathic ability I had, my energy, my desire to get out of the house. It lasted about three months, then I started getting better after my body got used to it.
I know it sucks, but I would suggest just giving it a little bit of time. The adjustment period is the worst, I got my feels out for you.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

My doctor slowly reduced my dose over a full year from a med I'd been on 15 years, so the withdrawal was controlled. The final 2 weeks with none of the med, I felt skittish & on edge, and then poof! OK.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

smogie_michele wrote:I've been on medication for about a year now and I felt a similar sensation. Everything was dulled, any empathic ability I had, my energy, my desire to get out of the house. It lasted about three months, then I started getting better after my body got used to it.
I know it sucks, but I would suggest just giving it a little bit of time. The adjustment period is the worst, I got my feels out for you.

I've been medicated for years. But as we try to level out my sleeping issues I am using seroquel more which I think is partly to blame. I used to use it only once a week maybe twice now its daily. It works but weight gain, dull senses, etc. I don't know if that's to blame for the lack of motivation. The psych I see said to try to make myself do things, like set times in the day to write, etc. It isn't working. :(
searching4truth

Post by searching4truth »

WiccanWitch wrote:
smogie_michele wrote:I've been on medication for about a year now and I felt a similar sensation. Everything was dulled, any empathic ability I had, my energy, my desire to get out of the house. It lasted about three months, then I started getting better after my body got used to it.

I've been medicated for years. But as we try to level out my sleeping issues I am using seroquel more which I think is partly to blame. I used to use it only once a week maybe twice now its daily. It works but weight gain, dull senses, etc. I don't know if that's to blame for the lack of motivation. The psych I see said to try to make myself do things, like set times in the day to write, etc. It isn't working. :(
Hey wanted to follow up about my post and my drastic withdrawal. I was on cloud 9 first 3 weeks then spent 3 weeks with PAWS. Do it gradually. See if a herbalist can help with replacing some of the meds. I'm ADHD noticed your ADD. so I know it's not easy[WINKING FACE].

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”