Moana

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moana

Post by Xiao Rong »

Just saw the new Disney film today. It brought me to tears, with just how beautiful it was. It isn't intentionally Neopagan, but it IS openly polytheist (featuring a trickster god), and the most beautiful images of the Goddess, in all Her aspects, that I have seen in mainstream media in ages. And of course, gorgeous animation, catchy songs, etc.

What did other people think?
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Bychan Wulf

Re: Moana

Post by Bychan Wulf »

No matter how old we are, Disney movies still touch us,sometimes even more than the children.
I also appreciated the polyhteistic part,it sorted of teaches the younger generation to be more open minded
:fairy:
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Cody and I are planning on seeing on our honeymoon next week and I cannot wait. I've been looking forward to seeing it all year :)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

We are all huge Disney fans in this household and I am so looking forward to seeing Moana! smiley_dance
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Everything I've heard about it has been positive. I can't wait to see it! :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

Aaah... the islands... :) :) :)

My father lived in Hawaii for a few years. My uncle lived in Tahiti. Growing up, a lot of my bedtime stories were about when my dad was a missionary in the islands. He and my uncle talked about it all the time at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Actually went to see it with my Uncle and his family this thanksgiving, and he said it was 'Quite accurate to the culture'. He said it wasn't so much Hawaiian (his area of expertise. He studies Hawaiian history and religion as a hobby) as it was Samoan. Particularly the voyaging, the chieftain succession, and a few other details.

But, he did mention that no matter where you went in the Pacific Islands, every island had a Maui story. And all of them were presumed true, by virtue of the fact that it's a Maui story. :)
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
BlessedbyHecate

Post by BlessedbyHecate »

I plan on watching it soon, although I have heard some people complaining about it.
Blessed be by Hecate!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Xiao wrote:and the most beautiful images of the Goddess, in all Her aspects, that I have seen in mainstream media in ages.
Allher aspects man, how disturbing she could be when there's no love in her heart, but how tremendously beautiful she could be when love is there. Seems to be a metaphor for us, haha. Powerful stuff, paganism that crosses all boundaries and gets to the common denominator in humanity: the heart.

My significant other cried, which of course made it all the more touching, lol.

Return to “Websites, Media and Services”