Self hypnosis

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Bychan Wulf

Self hypnosis

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Source: http://www.kreolmagazine.com/living/hea ... of-mind-2/

PS: I didn't have time to read all the posts in this thread. I somebody already posted it please let me know ;-)

Before we can enter a state of self-hypnosis, it is imperative to know what self-hypnosis is and to understand the four states of mind
The 4 states of mind

Beta
When you are in beta state, you are fully awake and alert. Your mind is focused and all your neurons are buzzing around at top speed and sending information to the different parts of your body. All your senses are working perfectly. In this state, your brain waves are above 13 HZ or cycles per second. We spend most of our waking lives in this state.

Alpha
This is a relaxed state where our brains waves are at 8-13 HZ. In this state, we are more aware of our surroundings, of the sounds we hear and the objects we see. Many find it easier to use their imagination in this state. This is the perfect state to tap into your inner creative genius. Many of us unconsciously delve into this state every so often when fully awake. In most cases, we would need an external stimulus such as beautiful music. We pass through this state while going to and out of sleep. If you have ever woken up but still felt semi-unconscious, or had experienced light sleep, that’s the alpha state for you.

Theta
This is the dream state. In this state, our brains are functioning at 4-8 HZ. We very rarely enter this state. Usually, the only times we do are when we go to sleep. This is the state in which dreams fill our minds. Those who remain conscious while in theta state have entered a very deep level of meditation.

Edited by Xiao Rong: To view the rest of the article, please see the original link. Note that it is against forum rules to paste full articles of other people's work unless you have their explicit permission. Thanks for understanding.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Self hypnosis

Post by Firebird »

Unfortunately I didn't find out how to do self hypnosis.
The ariticle talks about brain states but doesn't go into hypnosis at all. I clicked all around on that page but didn't find any ifo.
It would be my presumption you enter a suggestion once you have mastered theta, however particulars could be important.
Lets add any info found on the matter to this thread, and has anyone had great success with self hypnosis?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Bychan Wulf

Re: Self hypnosis

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Xiao Rong: sorry, I didn't know that. Noted it for the next time ;-)

Firebird: the alpha state is the state we reach when we are almost asleep or daydreaming. Counting from 1 to 100 or backwards is done in order to make you "bored" and relaxed ( until you can't feel the weight of your body any more) enough to asleep. Staying in the alpha state actually means not entering the deep sleep and dreaming state.

I can never stay in the "between" state. The moment I finish counting,lucid dreaming starts. Not the result I was expecting but still something :lol:
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”