What to do during Mercury Retrograde?

General questions and conversations about astrology.
corvidus

What to do during Mercury Retrograde?

Post by corvidus »

It's a fairly common opinion in astrology that during Mercury''s retrograde motion, it's never a good time to start a new endeavour or make contracts or try to manifest important business/personal projects.

The period of time is reserved for introspection and critical analysis.

At the time of this posting, the next Mercury Retrograde begins on the 19th of December, 2016 -- if I'm not mistaken.

I started this thread to see what other people do during this time period in either their personal, professional or magical life.

Myself, I like to draw pictures. I find Mercury Retrograde especially useful for returning to the basics. Shapes and angles, lights and shading, anatomy and proportions. I like to think of it as the critical analysis of art and an introspection into the fundamentals.

And if anything, it's good practice in subtle muscle memory and developing basic skills that I lack.

In my professional life, I try my hardest to avoid other people haha.

In my "magick" life, I actually take a break. I try as hard as possible to avoid even the thought of spells or rituals.

You?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: What to do during Mercury Retrograde?

Post by SnowCat »

My grandkids will be out for winter break, so I won't have pickup duty. I actually have a day off December 23. Maybe I can rest a little.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What to do during Mercury Retrograde?

Post by Firebird »

I've found conversation to be deeper or more well thought out, perhaps even easier with certain people.
The introspection works too, it could bd a good time to do tarot readings. Or just read and study a bit. Nothing too heavy duty.
I been in circles that went well and some went wonky, but even that seems more affected by void of course moon than mercury retrograde. On the other hand take the vehicle that would shuttle one to said ceremony. ..therein the mystery lies. :P
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”