Geometry as a Ritual Tool

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
CleverlyDisguised

Re: Geometry as a Ritual Tool

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

Ah
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

"quirky" in my case is agitated, jittery, discombobulated, and un-quiet.

One other thought: Use the /\ when charging spells. Hold your hands with palms flat, thumb-to-thumb and index fingers touching to form the tip. Then peer through the triangle your fingers make like through a window. It makes the symbol of Fire, which is empowering and ups the amps.

It's also interesting to moon gaze through the triangle /\ palm-window using the left eye (close the right eye). To me, it feels like sucking moon glow through a straw in the 3rd eye. The triangle-palm-window also can be used for scrying and viewing. Play with it and see how each eye works. For example, my left eye is far-sighted, and my right is near-sighted. Wearing glasses obviously corrects this. halfsm
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I never imagined the way we keep our palms can mean so much. Thanks for sharing!
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Bychan Wulf wrote:I never imagined the way we keep our palms can mean so much. Thanks for sharing!
It's the Eastern science of Mudra :)
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

SpiritTalker wrote: It's also interesting to moon gaze through the triangle /\ palm-window using the left eye (close the right eye). To me, it feels like sucking moon glow through a straw in the 3rd eye.
I practice something similar :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I know a teeny bit about mudras now, but when I was first doing the /\ moon gazing, I just was following an impulse, like framing the scene with my hands the way a movie director or photographer might do. I realized (doh) that a triangle had meaning, even though I didn't know what it was at the time. So I experimented to see what I could do with it. Rinsing my hands with lemon-water & a drop of myrrh oil intensifies the absorption of moonlight, which in turn, benefits the psychic senses. And rub a few drops on the forehead too, for good measure, makes a nice warm-up for water scrying under a full moon.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

SpiritTalker wrote:Rinsing my hands with lemon-water & a drop of myrrh oil intensifies the absorption of moonlight, which in turn, benefits the psychic senses. And rub a few drops on the forehead too
If we're working with "geometry" in a looser sense, it might be interesting to have a Mudra + 3rd Eye + Scrying Mirror (water, incense, etc) -- all with the same anointing oil or fluid condenser -- connected into a "triangle" of sorts.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Or a triangular mirror?

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”