scrying

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
TheDeadlyEntity

scrying

Post by TheDeadlyEntity »

This might sound like a daft question but can scrying be done through a computer screen?

I ask because, I had a strange occurrence the other night while working (Im a web designer) I was programming a calendar for a site im working on and suddenly the screen misted over and images began to float around. When the court my attention I rather did a double take and they were gone again but… it did seem a little like the effects of scrying that I have read about.

I have only read about scrying personally and never tried it so, i have no idea if it was this or just my lack of sleep but it got me wondering
[url=http://www.deadlyentity.co.uk][img]http://www.thehigherentity.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tde/art/banner.jpg[/img][/url]
N.R. Naiacinaed

Post by N.R. Naiacinaed »

Hmm...I've never had that happen to me, but I'm sure that it's possible. *nods*

~*Ashley*~
TheDeadlyEntity

Post by TheDeadlyEntity »

To be honest with you there seems to be many things going on around me.

I suppose I could have been in an altered state as I was just sat there staring at the code wondering what I had done wrong but, its never happened to me before either
[url=http://www.deadlyentity.co.uk][img]http://www.thehigherentity.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tde/art/banner.jpg[/img][/url]
N.R. Naiacinaed

Post by N.R. Naiacinaed »

It's quite possible. I guess it's another one of those things that you can't be 100% sure on.

~*Ashley*~
ecb

Post by ecb »

Heck, If I can get good Images from the windshield of my Car (I get stuck in a zone while waiting for kids or Mom)
my teenager HATES when I know something happened at School before she even gets IN THE CAR after school.
she tries to do the cool teen "No mom, NOTHING happened" but I always get it from her , or her sisters, or friends
its only happened twice
but I do not see how any other glass surface that is the center of your focus and your day would not work

ecb
Draconis

Post by Draconis »

i suppose it is possible because the computer screen (if made with glass) was originally sand, which was originally rock/stone, so it could be possible. Its proberly not written about much because people dont generally relate scrying to computers, and personel computers are a relativly new invention

(ps. please excuse any missing letters, im using school computers and their keyboars are rubbish)
All of lifes little problems can be solved by beating the buggers on the head with a broom.
Tinevisce

Post by Tinevisce »

I read in another forum, that you actually can use screens to scry (P.C. screens included)
I believe the author called it "White Noise Scrying", and yeah, in this kind of scrying you're supposed to see spirits on the screen.
I read the screen's supposed to be completely dark at the time, but I guess it's possible with the machine still on...
Just my 2 cents
Abhishek
"The witch who can't hex, can't heal"
"Follow The Threefold Laws ye should,
Three times bad and three times good"
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Any surface that can have some variation in light/dark, textures, etc. can be used for scrying. Computer screens on a randomized screen saver or television on static can be used very effecitvely.

If you're curious about more ideas like that, I highly recommend Chris Penczak's book "City Magick."

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”