Silvanna's Dream Book

You may keep your dream journal here and discuss your dreams with others.
Silvana

Silvanna's Dream Book

Post by Silvana »

Hello, I am Silvanna and here I will write all my interesting dreams that I believe worth mentioned.

I will start with a dream that I find fascinating:

The dreamed occurred somewhere in late Summer, possibly August however I still remember it well.

1) It was a warm summer day and I happen to be outside my grandparents house, on the dirt road before their gate.
The road was dry, with grass and flowers growing on the sides.

All of a sudden I hear some drumming music, it was a nice rhythm. After that some women appear from the part of the road which lead to the forest. They were dressed lightly, with flowers in their hair, green leaves as their skirts singing and dancing on the drumming music. They seemed very happy and looked like they were doing a ritual of some sort. I was fascinated, so I walked near admiring them.
At some point a older woman but beautiful dressed similar to them approached from the other direction. She looked like their High Priestess or even The Goddess. I slowly walked towards here, bowed and did a gesture with my hands, was like I would touch her aura around her and say in my thoughts 'You are wonderful, I admire you.' And then she answered me telepathically saying 'Thank you.'
After that I joined them.

This was a dream before I started the journey to witchcraft. At the moment it seemed strange but now I believed that was a sign, a calling that I had for witchcraft.

2) This dream seemed like a secret family history lesson.

I was in my room with a friend. We weren't really close but we used to spend time together before she moved out of town to go to University.
She said she like witchcraft and wanted to learn tarot reading from a Gypsy Witch, a friend of hers.
So we were both in my room. Then we went in the kitchen and started to prepare a salad (with salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, salt, oil and vinegar). The salad was ready when my mother shows up saying something that angers me, I don't know if I understand it or not. She then left. My friend says we should throw away the salad. We didn't even tasted it. However I feel bad to throw away good food so I just empty the bowl on the kitchen table and leave it there.

We went back in my room. There my maternal grandfather (which is still alive and recovered after a big surgery) awaited us there. He then asked us if we want to hear some music and see an interesting documentary. We say yes, so he puts a documentary about Pagan History. I was surprised, knowing he's Christian even if he doesn't really attends Church.
He laugh saying he is a Pagan, but he married my grandmother, a Christian, so he accepted her religion to make her feel more comfortable. I was surprised and he told me he's happy that his granddaughter takes after him.[/color]

Then the dream ended leaving me happy and wondering if he really had hidden Pagan lifestyle or if I have older Pagan roots.

3) This is a more recent dream. I had it while I was learning for Anatomy exam, and I was pretty stressed. I still don't fully understand the meaning of this dream, but it gave me a nice feeling of hope.

I was in my grandparents backyard with my mother and grandmother. There I saw a big white owl who seemed to have her right wing injured. I told my grandmother we should call the vet to take care of the owl. My grandmother said she won't waste her money on wild animals and my mother agreed. Hearing that I became really angry and I broke some sort of door, or picture made of China (the fancy plate stuff) and a green mug that belonged to me saying that if they won't called the vet I would never go to a doctor myself even if I would need it. Seeing how angry I was, they decided it would be best to call the vet. The vet said she can't make it today, since it was already night but that she will come in the morning, the next day.
I approached the owl, and she seemed to understand I want to help her. We bandaged her wing, then she went and made a nest, with hay in the back of the barn, in a slim and long wooden cupboard. Then I went with my mother in the barn to get some seeds, I took corn seeds, wheat seeds and sunflower seeds. When we looked inside we could see little white baby owls. There was also a black kitten in the other corner, helping the Mama Owl.
At some point 3 (three) black-white magpies showed up, trying to snatch a baby owl. The magpies are known for eating eggs or babies of other birds. Hopefully the Mother Owl defended her babies successful and all were safe. The magpies left with nothing.
Then the Owl flew around gathering some wool cloaks which she placed over the cupboard to shield it from other predators.

4) This is the most recent dream, that I had while taking a nap.

I was walking home, from a valley. I just bought a big meaty sandwich and I was eating it while walking home. At some point a small white dog came to me looking as if he was asking food. Then I break a few pieces from my sandwich and offered to him/her. The dog started to eat happily.
As I was getting home, an other dog, this time brownish color approached me, the same I offered to him/her.

Then when I almost reached home I saw a big black with white dog. He was wearing a red collar and something like a blue backpack. He looked scared and hungry. So I took one more bite from my sandwich before giving it to him. He ate happily when a neighbor man approached us. I asked him if he knows anything about the dog. He said it used to belong to an English old lady but that she went back to England. I found it strange that she left her dog here and wondered how it end up on the streets. The man asked if I'm going to do something about the dog because he will call the services otherwise to take it away because he's kept awake at night by his howling. I said I will take care of the dog.
I took the dog by the leash, and we crossed the street, mostly because he was pulling me over there since I live in the same side where I initially was.
Then we heard a distant music, like a trumpet. The dog started to bark being scared. I then remember what Caesar said, from The Dog Whisperer. You must take them out of that bad state of mind. So I distracted the dog, eventually I succeed. After that we saw where the music came from and we went home. I was worried since I didn't know if my mother would accept the dog. When suddenly I remember my parents were in a conference in France. So I took the dog home, where he could lay on my cozy carpet instead of the frosty snow. The dream ended with me buying a fried chicken leg for my dog.

Feel free to ask questions about my dreams if they interest you.
Also, dream interpretations and thoughts are welcomed!

Thank you for reading!
Bychan Wulf

Re: Silvanna's Dream Book

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Nice to get deeper into your brain ;-)
As for interpreting, I will give it a try:

1) I would also take that as a sign for you to start this path.

2) All our ancestors were pagan. Maybe your grandpa really has a pagan secret life....try talking to him about that and see his reaction. Or...maybe what you saw, was one of your ancestors, but your mind simplified it to something easier to process by giving him a more familiar form.

3) First thing that comes to my mind is "Spirit Animal".
Look into thr symbolism of the Owl. White could be specific for the type of the owl, or for your Wiccan path.

At 4 I have no idea yet. :-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Silvana

Post by Silvana »

Thank you for your insight :)

I did search about owls, especially snowy owl (since that's the type of owl that appear in my dream). They seem to represent magic, hidden knowledge and are a representation of Athena, of course, The Goddess of Wisdom.

I'm not sure if the owl if my spirit animal, I'll meditate on that. But I love owls, I always found them fascinating and I'd like to have one as my spirit animal.

Oh, and by the way, you inspired me to write about my dreams here. I didn't know they have a sub-forum with people's Dream Journals until I saw yours.
Pretty interesting dreams you have, I've read a few.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Maybe owls are your alter ego or one of those spirit animals that reflect your strive for something. In your case, for magic and knowledge.

Also, maybe Athena wants to connect with you. Meditation will definitely give you a starting point.

Oh, I'm flattered! Some sub forums are pretty hard to find. I know about this forum since I was 8, so I learnt my way around here really well hehe.

Thanks for reading! I've always had a powerful imagination...I think it's reflected in my dreams too.
You've got interesting dreams too! It's funny that both of us have family members invilved in our dreams...
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Silvana

Post by Silvana »

Could be, I'd love an owl as my spirit animal.

Also the part with Athena, very interesting! I didn't notice that, but you may be right. I'll meditate and ask Athena for a sign to see if it's so.

WOW, 8 year old? Was that a typo or for real? How did you find it? I believe I found it a while ago, I vagualy remember some pink purple forum about magic :D
But I forgot about it and only recently rediscovered it and became a member too!

Okay. As you know it's getting late here and I'm sleepy. Maybe I'll have some more interesting dreams to write about.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Yes, 8 years. After seing Buffy, I wanted to be a witch, so I looked up some spells. Reading about karma and everything made me take a step back, but the protection spells from the main site, helped me with my fear of darkness smiley_dance
I decided then, that I will stick with magic, and the light spell-casting and that I will join as an "adult". I've always respected my promises;-)

I'm still learning about spirit animals. What I understood untill now ( and I hope I understood well) is that the animal that you resonate most with is some sort of an alter ego, part of who you are, and there are also animals which you might not like, but who are helpers and guides.
if you love and also had some experiences with owls (or even white owls), I'd say you found that side of you.
If anyone more enlightened in this area could help, please step in.

I can't explain this in a coherent and sense-making way :-D

Sleep tight and sweet dreams!!
Silvana

Post by Silvana »

That's incredible, your journey. I admire how you kept the promise to youtself. And you had enough reason as a child not to mess with spells. That's very good.

My first magical series were Charmed. I loved them. I remember watching them at my own grandma's and I would leave any new toy or game with friends and run into the house when I knew it would start.

If you believe me I still haven't watched Buffy.

The only experience I have with owls was to hear them hoot. And maybe I saw a Barn Owl when I was a kid, I don't remember that well.

Yes, people are welcomed to share their opinions on my dreams.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Believe it or not, Charmed taught me about the responsability magic brings with itself. I totally loved the show, rewatched it online, but got bored after Piper had her second baby and met the adult version of one of her kids. That was after season 5 or 6 :-)

Keep your eyes on owls. If they want to send you a message, they will be around more.

Return to “Dream Journals”