Solomonic magic and magic circles

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
RyukaAscendant

Solomonic magic and magic circles

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I know there's an alchemical tradition based upon this and I've had a hard time finding much to research it. Any links or information on how to go about it would be appriciated.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Solomonic magic and magic circles

Post by SpiritTalker »

I googled 2 variations "Solomonic magic circles" then added "alchemy" and got pages of references, books, videos, including Enochian...guess I don't understand the problem you're having finding references. Somewhere in the heap ought to be the name of the tradition you want. Not that I'd know if I fell on it :D
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Finding them is easy. I'm looking for how to create new ones.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've been looking around and found Practical Solomonic Magic, circle of art. Has a very basic 16 section template sample.

I also have some kids art templates I use for drawing mandalas in circles, not Solomon's circles, just for fun. The Hebrew is up to you.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

RyukaAscendant wrote:Finding them is easy. I'm looking for how to create new ones.
This relies heavily upon the correspondences between geometric shapes and the qabalistic tree of life (either the whole thing or one Sephirah in particular).

The Sephir Yetzirah would be a good book to start with, as it is both the basic and advanced theory, as well as the basic and advanced practice.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Thank you both its much appriciated. As to Hebrew I have a couple books with the alphabet and angels. I just haven't been able to find how to place things into the circles and organize them.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm guessing, if it's anything like other circles, placement is by association with the properties of the cardinal compass directions, elements or associations to angelic beings and the Names of God. The outer circles look to be groups of protective names, or names of beings to contact. Ceremonial magic draws from the Hebraic and Asyrian/Babylonian sources for the angelic stuff. I read some intro-level books by Donald Kraig?Craig and didn't feel drawn to go further. I can't think of any basic how-to compose a ceremonial circle books or web pages but did find some wizarding blogs while scouting around. None of them seemed well composed so can't recommend them.

Corvidus has given the best reply, and certainly more knowledgable than my guess work and hunt and peck thru the web.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Yeah I had the same problem with I'll composed Web results. While they're pretty prevalent not many talk about the basics of setup or really have any formulaic technique I could find.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I found a you tube video on making magic seals for any intent. And I just did an amazon book search with the words "magic seals" and a couple studious looking tomes came up, looking promising. The "seal of king Solomon" is a Solomonic circle. Heh heh.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

So I just wasn't using quite the right words in my searches. Thank you both for your help I have a much better idea of what I'm looking for now.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”