Upcoming Full Moon - Ritual to relieve Anxiety?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
egregorewitch

Upcoming Full Moon - Ritual to relieve Anxiety?

Post by egregorewitch »

Greetings,
Currently I am at a time in my life that I consider a crisis. I cannot function normally and I fear leaving my room. I live with constant critical voices in my head. I have had anxiety for most of my life, but it usually isn't this bad.
I ask for, perhaps not a full ritual, but elements I could include in a ritual this Saturday (2/11/17), the full moon... What works for you, magically, that alleviates your anxiety?
Thank you for any help you can give.
Blessed Be
egregorewitch
RyukaAscendant

Re: Upcoming Full Moon - Ritual to relieve Anxiety?

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Meditation and grounding are the best things I've found. Otherwise, finding some way to exert yourself and remove excess energy. I deal with anxiety as well but the only sure thing I've found as of yet has been long term medication. So if it is just the occasional bouts of it grounding techniques and energy manipulation are a good bet. If it helps or is more your speed asking for strength or stability from a god or goddess you have a good relationship can work. Another thing that I used to do was ritual cleansing. Sometimes that was a full bath, sometimes a shower, or even a sponge/ cloth bathing. A simple prayer to bless the waters or shower head and then use of the water. Its very similar to a baptism or at least uses a similar metaphysical idea. I've also heard of people using smoke or incense to do something similar if you don't feel like getting wet. Hope this helped :)
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

A bit of exercise (even just taking out the trash-actually and symbolically) helps me expel the anxiety. Then I fix a cuppa chammomile tea, sit in the moonlite, & ground and center. I find the tea relaxing, as grounding holds the anxiety at bay, and centering puts me in touch with normal thinking, as opposed to the cockeyed thinking that is all attached to the anx.

(Sometimes, even with anti-anx. Meds, I don't want to leave the house either, but I'm one heck of an SOB (Stubborn Old B-I-zitch) and I can manufacture an attitude. I'll be danged if I listen to some darned silly broken record. I sort of put my mental fingers in my ears "LaLaLa." I choose not to listen.)

As for ritual: I visualize the moonlight like a soft cashmere shawl of white light around head and shoulders, and let it sooth and soak into my aura and right down to my bones. Even if it's a cloudy night, the full moon lights' effects are completely present.

It's a good time to revisit my astral place of power, a mental construct of a beach, flooded in moon glow and with the reflection of the moon on the water flowing directly towards me. I just sit and schmooze and commune. Nothing planned. I just let it be what it is.

And if it's a clear night, I can put out a clear glass cup or bowl and capture the Moon's reflection. Then I can drink it and strengthen the moon within, so to speak...or make a cuppa tea with the moon infused water. And pour a libation on the Earth to share.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I would love to sit outside with a cuppa, but I think we're supposed to have snow. I sat in a snow drift last month, I think that was my quota. I might change my mind if the weather is clear.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

That's why I visit my astral POP. No snow there. :)
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

I deal with depression and anxiety myself. I use grounding and centering as well as meditation to deal with it. I also use incense and do some very basic chakra work (I just open them slowly I find it helps)

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”