Cernunnos have I found my patron finally?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Cernunnos have I found my patron finally?

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Merry meet all
So I was researching cernunnos and the Celtic deity's because while I love worshipping Nyx it felt strange worshipping a Greek deity when I'm british. Anyway so I click on cernunnos name and I got this really strange sensation through out my body. It was almost like I'd gone into a kind of trance and a shock went through my body. So I'm wondering is this a sign?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Cernunnos have I found my patron finally?

Post by SpiritTalker »

It may be a heads up indication, but it's just a good idea to file it away in possibilities and stabilize before you commit. If I remember from what I've read over the years, "Cernunos" is a title referring to the Horned God of nature. So it well might be a nudge to look at the Celtic traditions for direction. You may be experiencing an ancestral connection to your roots. Things we interpret as sign are our personal flags and guide posts, and usually worth investigating.

As you get more info, you might get some vibes or an ah-ha along the way. It will fit and not feel strange, but like an old friend, I should think. :)
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Ah thanks for that. I will continue to look into the celtic pantheon
Siona

Post by Siona »

Newbiewitch94 wrote:So I was researching cernunnos and the Celtic deity's because while I love worshipping Nyx it felt strange worshipping a Greek deity when I'm british.
Not trying to turn you away from looking into your ancestral deities, but a lot of people don't actually worship the deities of their ancestors. The Greco-Roman pantheon also found its way up into the Celtic lands as the Roman empire spread, so you ended up people worshiping a mix of deities, and with many composite deities such as Sulis-Minerva. There's a book called The Gods of Roman Britain, by Miranda J Green, that's pretty good if you're at all interested in the topic.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Siona wrote:
Newbiewitch94 wrote:So I was researching cernunnos and the Celtic deity's because while I love worshipping Nyx it felt strange worshipping a Greek deity when I'm british.
Not trying to turn you away from looking into your ancestral deities, but a lot of people don't actually worship the deities of their ancestors. The Greco-Roman pantheon also found its way up into the Celtic lands as the Roman empire spread, so you ended up people worshiping a mix of deities, and with many composite deities such as Sulis-Minerva. There's a book called The Gods of Roman Britain, by Miranda J Green, that's pretty good if you're at all interested in the topic.
Yeah, this. Also, (example) foreign gods were spread by Rome and Isis made it to the British isles through this spread in ancient times.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My ancestry is British Isles. My pantheon is a mix of Norse and Egyptian.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Siona wrote:
Oh wow I will have to pick up that book. I know since beginning I've been drawn to several gods and goddesses Isis and Osiris because I always loved their story in egyption mythology Nyx who I have worked with a bit but I feel like my working with her cane to a end as I've learmt what I needed to. Hecate I've also been drawn towards because I love her story in mythology.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”